“An Amazing Place”
Review of Maple Hall

Maple Hall
Ranked #98 of 1,248 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Description: MAPLE HALL is a boutique 11-lane bowling alley located in the historic J.C. Penney building in the heart of downtown Knoxville, Tennessee. We offer a full-service bar, small plates, cozy lounge areas, a live stage and a 2-lane private VIP room. We are a spirited bowling experience that can host every kind of party.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! What a great place on Gay Street... great bowling and other game venues ! A sitting area to Lounge and a place for parties... Pub style food and drinks offered! Private room too... A fun place and amazing “FUN” “FUN” and I highly recommend and definetly will go back! Great singles place or family fun as well...

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We have heard a lot of good things about Maple Hall, so we thought we would give it a try with friends (Party of 9). We arrived at approx. 5:30 to beat the crowd, but we were surprised.....
Before I go any further I will say...be warned. If your going just to bowl you will have to wait it is a busy place.
You can reserve a lane, but can only do it in person, no phone in reservations. I would highly suggest doing this if you want to bowl. The good news is that they have a full bar, TV's and food which can help time pass by. I had a great hamburger and several drinks as did some of the others in our party. I want to be fair and say that I was extremely happy with the food, drink and excellent table service, but the downer is we ate waited and waited some more after almost 3 hours of waiting to bowl we left....We did actually get to bowl that night, but we had to go to another bowling alley. Again, I don't want to down the place, because I think its a great thing to have in our area. I just think that there are some rough edges that need to be fixed and in time i think they will.
Some advice when visiting...If you are handicapped or a family with a stroller you can only enter at the front door which as far as I know is the only entrance and it is on Gay Street. **Do Not** park behind the Maple Hall in the adjoining parking The Promenade...there is no way to transport from the parking lot to Maple Hall. If you do park here you will have to walk down State Street one block then up Union Ave which is about a 30 degree incline up to Gay Street. Once on Gay Street walk down about 1-2 blocks to Maple Hall. Once there you need to tell the person at the door. He will take you next door, let you into a locked security door and go down an elevator to the bowling lanes. When you come out of the elevator it is kind of confusing, because the elevator unloads into what looks like a back room.
If you are looking for more information you can go to there website
(I wish you were able to make reservations and find out the status of your reservation on-line, but the website is only informational.) We did find out a lot of info about the place on line, but here is some clarification as to the bowling rates. Hourly rates vary according to the day of week as is to be expected. When you pay the hourly rate of $30 for example it is $30 for one lane for an hour. The amount of the players does not affect the price. Shoes are and addition 3.50 each player.
Pricing is really fair..so give a try, just remember to have someone drop by early and get your name on the bowling waiting list. Go enjoy the sites on Market Square while you wait. Maybe go during non-peak times.I think its worth a try.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Maple Hall is nothing like your typical bowling alley, bar, or favorite dinner destination. It's all three combined into it's own monster- and it's beautiful/delicious/memorable + affordable! It's best to go for bowling Sunday-Thursday because there is hardly a wait. If you can only go on a Friday or Saturday night, get there early to put your name in. Even if you get off work and go straight there to put your name in for later in the evening- it's worth it to save you the wait. The wait can be up to four hours sometimes because people rent out the rooms or even the whole space. But if you can get to bowling after some drinks and dinner at the upstairs lounge, you're in for a treat and the best party Knoxville has to offer!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We had a birthday party for my 5 yr old granddaughter and friends. She thoroughly enjoyed it as did her guest ( child and adult). We reserved a private 2-lane bowling alley. Kids loved bowling using the ball ramps provided. Food was excellent and reasonable. Child and adult beverages are available. The staff was patient, kind an attentive. I would highly recommend Maple Hall for children or adult parties and get togethers.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to hang out with friends and family and have a surprisingly good meal. It is in the old JC Penny building on Gay Street so it’s unlike any bowling alley you’ve been to. Even if you stop in for drinks it’s worth the trip.

Been to Maple Hall? Share your experiences!