“Great fresh food!”

Ole's Guacamoles
Ranked #26 of 331 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The stuffed avocado is awesome! An avocado stuffed with the de colores salad: a mix of romaine, beans, corn, onions! The bean dip is also great. It is hard to find this many healthy choices at a Mexican restaurant!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My wife had the best Mushroom Quesidillas ever. Gluten Free choices clearly marked. I had the Tostada Original with Shredded Beef. Best I've had since leaving San Antonio. They have a comprehensive Salsa Bar. Chips are served with a very nice bean dip. It's on our list for return visits.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Tried this great little place for lunch and discovered that they have a salsa bar with six to choose from. We tried all of the hot and medium varieties and they were all very tasty and did carry some heat. The tacos, relleno, enchilada, guacamole and rice and beans were all very good. Definitely worth a try if you find yourself in Johnson City. Located near the older downtown area.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Good food and great prIcing. Small salsa bar with 6 types to choose from. Portions all good size. Have tried it several times and will continue to visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Don't get me wrong, in general they have good food at a good price. My wife and I, along with our 2 young sons (5 and 8), have traditionally eaten here about once a week and drop about $50 on most visits, and tip well. We went there again last night. We arrived at 8:57 as our day had been busy. We love their Modelo, and they have 2-for-1 until 9pm. When we got to our table, we asked if we could still get the special and was told no, so we ordered water instead. No big deal, but disappointing. The kids meals are $6 which includes 1 taco and side, and kids drinks are $1. Our boys don't like the sides, so we ordered tacos ala carte at $2.50 each (for a plain taco shell and meat only as the boys like it). We ordered Baja fish tacos which are very good. When we get our bill, the boys were charged $2.25 for their drinks. When I asked about it, we were told when the kids don't order from the kids menu, that drinks are full price. Normally not a big deal, but if a taco is $2.50 outright, then they are charging $3.49 for a fry, rice, or beans for a kids meal which is more than ala carte price for the items separately. Our waiter was not our usual server as she was on vacation. I feel if our usual server was there, the night may have went differently. But as it is, we were extremely disappointed with our experience and will not be going back for some time, if at all. The adult menu is still a good bargain, but being price gouged for a plain taco for a kid is a bit much. We will take our business elsewhere. Taco Bell has plain tacos for a buck which taste just as well. I hope they realize how they drove off frequent customers with this move.