“Very popular Mexican Restaurant”

Poblano's Mexican Grill & Bar
Ranked #63 of 329 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Poblano's Mexican Grill and Bar has been family owned since its beginnings in 2004. Our family is steeped in restaurant tradition since 1977. The traditional food that we serve today is inspired by the Mexican food that was lovingly prepared in the home throughout childhood. Poblano's serves classic Mexican dishes along side new and interesting flavors. We offer warm and inviting service coupled with an eclectic atmosphere. While Mexican food may be our first priority, our margaritas and mixed drinks are distinctive, enticing, and well balanced. Buen Provecho!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great food, and service! Lorena was fantastic as my server, and extremely helpful with selecting the best food for my taste.

Brooke C, Director of Marketing at Poblano's Mexican Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with the food and service. Lorena is a gem and has been with us for years! We hope to see you back at Poblanos soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Went to dinner with my wife and 2 kids. Food was just awful and the waitress(who spoke very good English until we didn’t like our food) was not helpful fixing our order. My wife was driving so I went to the bar for a tequila. The bartender(who is apparently the manager) would not serve me. She said I must order at my table. Well I explained to her that my children were at the table and I didn’t want to order in front of them, she didn’t care and hatefully advises me that she didn’t care either. I was stubborn and had here get my waitress to the bar, it was just totally unnecessary. I will never go back. I never even complained about the terrible food. Stay away.

1  Thank Quentin S
Brooke C, Director of Marketing at Poblano's Mexican Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Poblanos follows the rules of the Alcoholic Beverage Commission. We follow a strict serving policy. You were served a beverage after your server verified the number of drinks which you ordered at your table. At no time (like you stated), did you ever complain about the food. You were,however, belligerent with our staff which we find rather amusing in saying that you ordered a drink away from your kids and yet harass our staff. Dropping F-bombs is not going to get you very far in a business setting. Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This is what my shoes looked like after dining at Poblano’s. The tabletops were high, preventing me from on seeing what was on the floor. I sent an email to the marketing director about the visit. Only after my second email did she respond (nearly three weeks later) and basically called me a liar, stating she was late responding because they were trying to get enough water standing in the restaurant floor to see if it could possibly cover my boots!! I replied to her that my foot was probably lying on its side and I didn’t appreciate her sarcasm!!! It makes me extremely mad that a company executive can be so degrading to a patron and get by with that type of behavior.

2  Thank Patti O
Brooke C, Director of Marketing at Poblano's Mexican Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

While Poblanos take no responsibility in your shoe issues, we have offered you 2 free entrees for your distress. You have declined the offer and we have washed our hand of the issue. Never in our 23 years of owning restaurants have we ever had a customer request damages for shoes. We tried to handle this in a professional manner and offer a generous resolution, but she denied the offer. We wish Ms. Patti well on her further restaurant ventures.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Delicious! We love the Chicken Chimichangas here. The only suggestion is that the servers should always remind customer that they come either Grilled or Shredded. Also, servers should advise customers of the difference those choices are prepared. Especially, since they are totally different!

Brooke C, Director of Marketing at Poblano's Mexican Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Poblanos is so happy to hear that you are pleased with your meal. Great suggestion! Thank you for a wonderful review. We hope to see you back at Poblanos soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I last visited this restaurant for a group lunch. We were sat in a larger table near the kitchen. The floor was EXTREMELY slick due either to the protectant on the tile, gease, or a combination of the two. I slipped and could not gain any traction until I hit a literal wall and fell. The fall was hard enough to dislocate and break my shoulder. The owner was at the restaurant at the time and offered to send me to his chiropractor, but we knew the damage was not something a chiropractor could fix. (The orthopedic clinic sent me directly to the ER.) Now 10 weeks post incident and 6 weeks post surgery, the owner has never reached out to check on me, offered any meals for my family during my recovery, and actually fought my claim through his insurance company to assist with my medical bills. I will never be back to this establishment and would caution anyone against the safety of dining here and the integrity of the owner.

2  Thank Threegirlsonthego

We are sorry that you had a fall at Poblanos. There was a wet floor sign posted exactly where you fell. Our insurance is currently dealing with you insurance and we have no part in the negotiations. We hope you are recovering well.