See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Upon arriving in JC TN, we were tired. Seen the Open sign. Stopped, asked for a room. Offered a twin bed room on the bottom floor. Beds, are very comfortable, well made. Linen's very clean, as was the room itself. A/C worked well. Coffee in the morning in the office. Staff very helpful. Great value!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was in town during the Bristol Race week and all the other hotels were booked. It was late and I was tired when I walked into the room, which smelled like an ash tray. The a/c didn't function properly, and the bed was disgusting. Being so late and exhausted from mulitple stops looking for a room, I went to Walmart a few blocks away and bought plastic sheeting to cover the bed/pillows and Lysol. When I returned there was a creapy thug leaning over the rails asking me if I smoked, with several other questionable tenants inside his room with the door wide open. I couldn't sleep worried about someone breaking into my car. On the outside of the bathroom door it has graphiti dating back two years, BUBBA WAS HERE, with many more entries following! I took a picture with my phone to prove it too my wife. Two years later and the graphiti remains!!! I left within the hour and was refused a refund. I am over 6 feet tall and slept in a 2012 Toyota Corolla, which I rate considerably higher than the Johnson Inn. It looks like a creepy hotel in which rooms are rented hourly for the oldest profession. Oh yeah, not that I would have used it but the swimming pool was empty. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS DUMP!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank LUMBERMA N
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in the area on business. I was looking for somewhere cheap to stay and I found Johnson Inn. The room was fine as I figured for the low price that I wouldn't be expecting much. I stayed in rm 108 and I will say It was definitly nicer that some of the other rooms they had. There was a micro&refrig. It was 22 degrees when I arrived the first night and the heater seemed a bit shy of heating my room quick enough so I called the front desk and they were kind enough to give us a small free standing heater. For the price I really had no complaints. Wal-mart and several fast food places & eateries are within a mile. I also found a nice fairly priced Lifestyles gym in a nearby area.

Room Tip: 108 king rm and 106 twin bed nicer rooms (decor)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank angel h
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Nasty!!!! Run As fast as you can away from this place. We had a reservation for this place, looked okay in the pictures shown here.. Wrong, Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!!!! They even showed a picture of a breakfast bar, lmao, it was a make shift table with a nasty coffee pot. The . Showed by a nice creek, nope. Keep Your Money Even If You Have To Sleep In Your Car!!!! They made us pay for one night anyways, which we paid and got in our truck and left. I would of slept in my truck first. Police pulled through parking lot twice while we were there and creepy people looking at you from what rooms they had rented. This place should not be listed on any travel site!!!! To me the pictures posted here, I should get my money back for false advertisement!!! You need to take those pictures down, looks nothing of the sort. I booked based on what you had posted here with the pictures!!!! If you looking at this place, get up and run away from your computer as fast as you can!!!!! I wished I would of taken some pictures of this place, but I wanted away from their fast, I did not feel safe, and this was during the day!!

Room Tip: No Good Rooms Here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple