“Wonderful food!”

Rainbow Asian Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 326 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine in and Take out Authentic Chinese & Thai food in a clean, quiet atmosphere. All dishes are prepared with-out any MSG, fresh ingredients and uses only top-grade USDA choice meats. We only use the highest quality jasmine rice from Thailand and health brown rice from China. Reservations and large parties are welcome.
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This hotel is right in the lobby of the Best Western (also great). You can't go wrong. I had the house special (wide noodles with chicken, pork, and shrimp). It was delicious. Full bar too!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I seldom leave reviews, but after the waitress’ attitude I feel obligated to do so. Everything I had was borderline-inedible sweet. I ordered Tom Kha= warm molasses with onion in, ginger salad= lettuce soaked in ginger colored sugar syrup then salmon= fish bathed in warm molasses. After letting the waitress know that I found all items too sugary and leaving the salmon as is, she brought me the bill without any concern of my satisfaction. For this much money I did not feel to make tantrum, but I thought she worked hard for this review.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We get food here 1 -2 times each month. Always good. Last Thursday night, our take out was throw out. Hot and sour soup ok, but not as good as usual. Same for the Generals Chicken. The Wonton soup was salty and tasted like dishwater. The Singapore Noodles and Lemongrass Chicken were bland. After a few bites, we threw both away. Not sure what happened. New cook? At any rate, tonight was a real disappointment.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Husband and myself went to try out a different Chinese place and heard good reviews on this...wrong! I ordered chicken with mixed vegetables, stating, NO mushrooms and he ordered chicken chow mein. Mine was good until I came upon the mushrooms and stopped right there! His was bland and asked for soy sauce and extra crunchy noodles. Took about 10 minutes to get that, while his order got cold. There were only about 6 tables and 3 waiters/waitresses. Sorry to say, but not a good first impression. Will not be returning nor would recommend it.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Surprised at how good the food is and with large, very large portions. Do not think I finished an entire meal.