“Bland tasting food”

Rainbow Asian Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 331 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine in and Take out Authentic Chinese & Thai food in a clean, quiet atmosphere. All dishes are prepared with-out any MSG, fresh ingredients and uses only top-grade USDA choice meats. We only use the highest quality jasmine rice from Thailand and health brown rice from China. Reservations and large parties are welcome.
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Husband and myself went to try out a different Chinese place and heard good reviews on this...wrong! I ordered chicken with mixed vegetables, stating, NO mushrooms and he ordered chicken chow mein. Mine was good until I came upon the mushrooms and stopped right there! His was bland and asked for soy sauce and extra crunchy noodles. Took about 10 minutes to get that, while his order got cold. There were only about 6 tables and 3 waiters/waitresses. Sorry to say, but not a good first impression. Will not be returning nor would recommend it.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Surprised at how good the food is and with large, very large portions. Do not think I finished an entire meal.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My husband and I and his co workers eat here often for lunch. I love the Green Curry Chicken and also the Pan yang Chicken Curry and he loves the Cashew chicken. The service is always friendly and attentive and the prices are very reasonable. It's not the "trendy place downtown" but a nice quiet place to go for an excellent lunch or dinner. I am proud to support this local restaurant and hope their business continues to grow!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Great food , great bartenders, great wait staff. This has slowly ended up becoming our favorite little place to eat.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I was craving some good Chinese food and I found it here. The service was exceptional. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting good food.