All reviews pool and hot tub mexican restaurant pancake machine front desk gas station cracker barrel continental breakfast visiting johnson city workout room staff was very friendly and helpful very nice hotel in town extra towels late check clean rooms easy access cookies
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The Staff here is AWESOME! My wife and I have stayed here 4-5 times each year for the last 10 years (about a week at a time) and they always have the nicest staff you will find anywhere in the country! Rooms always look brand new, the pool and hot tub are clean and always in good shape, the Room Service staff is exceptionally nice, and so easy to talk with, the Breakfast crew in the lobby always makes u smile, workout room is nice, and I’ve never walked past the front desk without someone smiling and saying hello to us! They are absolutely the best and we look forward to each and every visit! HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Amy did a great job at front desk check in.The rooms are spacious and clean . Good breakfast in mornings. Location is good for eating at Mexican restaurant in front of hotel. Air condition wasntvthe greatest.Have the kreigue coffee makers and coffee pods are plentiful.

Room tip: Away from elevators
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2018

My husband and I stayed here twice in the past year as we were looking to buy a home in the area. We stayed a full week and it was very pleasant. The amenities were very helpful for a long stay too. The microwave and refrigerator in the room and the laundry room made it cost effective to stay the whole week. And you can't beat the breakfast, especially the pancake maker!

It's right off I-26 so the location is extremely convenient. Only about 10 minutes from the Tri-Cities airport.

The staff is more than accommodating, helpful and kind. Especially Nathan (Bob Ross look-alike). We had a problem with the first room and they were so helpful to get us a new one and sincerely apologetic that we had to move at all.

If we were not becoming residents of the area we would definitely stay again. We may anyway if only for the breakfast. We would recommend to anyone coming to the area.

Room tip: Guest laundry is located on the second floor.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I enjoy using this Holiday Inn whenever I go to the Johnson City area for work. The staff is very friendly; i arrived early and they gave me an early check-in, I forgot my razor and they gave me a complimentary one no problem. Every time I walked by a staff member they would ask how everything is going. The daytime desk clerk is really exceptional. They have a very nice indoor pool and workout room. The double-queen bed room was great, except for some small unnoticeable spots on the window shades (room 108) and one of the beds (near the window) wasn't the most comfortable because you can feel the springs. The bathroom was clean and had ample soft towels. The clothes iron worked good. I did use the coffee in my room and they did not replace them but they have coffee in the lobby. The continental breakfast was good, I like their biscuits and sausage gravy.

There is a nice outdoor seating area behind the hotel that I really enjoy using.

The staff really makes me feel like I'm visiting friends and that means a lot to me.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Randy B
Reviewed 30 January 2018

This hotel is in a great location between Johnson City and Jonesborough. It looks very elegant sitting up on a hill. As soon as you wall through the doors, it smells clean. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I really appreciate that there is a big comfortable chair and ottoman in the room. The breakfast was very good and had good variety. This is easily our favorite place to stay when we are in this area.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nathan T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you very much for such a kind review!

We are truly happy to hear you found our property clean and comfortable. I will certainly be sharing your review with our staff. We look forward to the next time you're in the area, we'd really enjoy hosting you again.

Best Regards,