Hampton Inn Johnson City
Carnegie Hotel(Johnson City)
USD 139*
USD 134*
Red Roof Inn Johnson City(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
USD 56*
USD 54*
Comfort Suites(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
USD 94*
ComfortSuites
USD 153*
Quality Inn Johnson City(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
USD 89*
QualityInn
USD 101*
USD 110*
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Downtown(Johnson City)(Great Value!)
USD 93*
Holiday Inn Express(Johnson City)
USD 113*
Courtyard Johnson City(Johnson City)
USD 156*
All reviewsfront deskwaffle housemedical centergreat place to stayclean hotelin townfitness roomparking lotup to dateva hospitalconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastthe staff was greatcleaning staffbed was very comfortablewould recommend this hotel to anyonevisiting family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Only two Hilton properties are available in Johnson City and I've tried both. I previously stayed in the Doubletree, but had to try elsewhere because of repetitive cleanliness issues among other negative points. Since I am a loyal Hilton member, the next and only choice was the Hampton Inn.

Location: It's located near a lot of businesses and restaurants. In this sense, the location is good. It's between 5 and 10 minutes from I-26. You can take several different exits from the interstate, so there are different ways to get there. The hotel is also sandwiched between a Waffle House and a Crystal Burger restaurant. I'll let you decide if that's good or bad.

Room/Cleanliness: The room, hallways, and lobby were clean. No complaints there. The room was fine, except for the noisy A/C unit. The room does have a blackout shade (if you face the Crystal Burger side, you'll need it).

Staff: Very friendly and helpful. They offered bottled water to me several times when getting back from a workout, they provided recommendations for places to eat, and were informative about other hotel perks, like the manager's reception on Tuesday evenings. I had leftover pizza from a nearby restaurant and the front desk grabbed a sheet of aluminum foil from the kitchen area for me.

Breakfast: Just okay. Cereal, bagels, waffle maker, a few hot items, hot water for tea, coffee, mixed fruit, etc. It's free and will get the job done.

Helpful hints: I don't think there is a good view from anywhere in this hotel, but consider trying the side of the hotel facing away from Crystal. You may be staring at a hill, but it's better than looking at a fast food place. If you are a Gold/Diamond member, ask for an upgrade upon check-in. It's disappointing, but they will not upgrade you automatically. You have to ask for it and it still depends on availability. This hotel does NOT have a gym. They offer passes to the very nice gym down the street.

I'd recommend staying here over the Doubletree, but unfortunately that's all Hilton Honors member have left. I may try the Carnegie next time in town just to add to my list of options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Crystal, unless you want to look at it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTrillium
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us in Johnson City. I always enjoy hearing from our guests. I'm glad you decided to try our hotel and the Hilton HHonor points are a plus for guests that travel as much as you. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Guest. I will address the HVAC issue and I appreciate you making me aware. We hope you will be our guest again when you travel back to our area.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Weeknight stay for a business trip. In-room air conditioner was noisy and ran constantly, giving the impression it is undersized for the room. Wireless Internet was very slow (500 kbps, which is 1/20th my home speed), so if you're planning on getting any work done, forget it. Room was clean but spare. All this for $150 a night. Front desk was not well staffed, though the person was helpful, when he showed up. At checkout, no one bothered to ask "how was your stay?" I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John_B074

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am very sorry that we did not deliver the quality experience you have come to expect from our brand. I have discussed your comments to our team so we can fix the problems with the air conditioner. I will also review our scheduling to avoid delays for our guests. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Again, thank you for making me aware of those issues.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Very accommodating to our walk in stay. Close to stores and hwys with little noise. Parking lot was lighted well. Would used them again for up coming car shows. Was lucky enough to get a room facing the parking lot to keep an eye out on our car.

Room Tip: If you have a show car like we do, request for the rooms on the right side, near Crystals. All rooms on that side face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for giving your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel. Great looking cars!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed for one night for a recent business trip. Business computers were available, but not in a separate room. Computer screens were huge. Stayed on a Tuesday night so there was a managers reception. Front desk was very helpful and pleasant. One concern was an exit at the rear of the building was locked due to a recent storm. Also, was placed in a handicapped accessible room with no tub.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for responding about your stay! I would like to apologize for the back door not working properly. It was available to exit from but the lock on the outside would not allow entrance. We ordered a new lock for the outside entrance. Thank you for reporting the problem. I hope you will allow us to serve you in the future. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed one night in the Hampton Inn and were very pleased with the stay. Only issue came early on when we followed the directions on the website for the hotel, which sent us 3 miles in the wrong direction. I suggest you phone and ask for directions rather than rely on website!

We often stay in Hampton Inns because they are reliable and this was no exception. Hotel rooms spacious and well equipped and very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast OK. Good location for shops and restaurants and easy to get to, once you know where it is!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lovetotravel1954
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will follow up with our website directions to ensure we provide the most convenient route to our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope you will all us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you for choosing us!