Review Highlights
Country music queens tiny river town

This place is a great side trip to stop and spend a few hours looking over Miss Loretta Lynn's tiny... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Adrienne T
Milton
Wonderful campground

Reviewed 5 November 2018
Aya W
Newtown, Connecticut
via mobile

All reviews coal mine plantation home country music conway twitty tour bus original house home place grist mill butcher holler horseback riding dude ranch road trip gift shop house tour bucket list on display great place to visit
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Our stay was the first week of November so we stayed when most of the items at the Ranch were closed. I really enjoyed the tour of the Mansion and highly recommend it. Brandi was an excellent guide. All people that I interacted with were extremely friendly, however the buildings and structures seemed "tired" and could use some serious renovating. The campground was easy check-in and had very good WiFi, but that could be due to the time of year and limited number of people using it. You choose your own spot which I like and turned out okay for the time of year we came, but we are a big rig with 3 slides and if the campground had been packed we could have had serious issues finding a place to camp or no place to camp @ all. I watched many other big rigs have issues as this campground has numerous trees and narrow turning radius'. Also if you park on the south end of the asphalt covered sites be aware of the incline when you exit----possibility you could bottom out. This was an issue for a few people. We did not venture to the gravel sites and all the campers stayed on the asphalt areas during our stay. Due to the falling of the leaves it was almost impossible to know where the road was & was not going to the gravel area----we also had several storms & rain. We took our truck & rode down there and I am sure the sites are beautiful during the spring & summer. There is a fire ring and picnic table, as well as electric, water & sewer. We did not use the bath house. The Ranch sponsors several large events during the year----motocross, horse, atv. We have Verizon phone and could not get a signal at The Ranch or for miles. Again they had good WiFi (free) and they also offered high speed WiFi. We would come again if we were in the area as it was very beautiful here and we like wooded remote areas, however we would ensure it was not during a busy time to ensure we got a decent site for our rig.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

What a great campground! We arrived after hours and there was a gentleman to show us to our spot after dark and also lent us a power converter. Very courteous and the campground is absolutely gorgeous and peaceful.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018

I took my wife here for her birthday in Sept. My wife has been a loyal and devoted fan of Miss Lorretta for years so this was the perfect visit. We had the pleasure of staying in the campground on her property in one of the most fantastic cabins with a great back porch and a full kitchen and a fire place in the living area. Not only did we eat at her restaurant at the buffet which I had a second helping of catfish and hush puppies, toured the gift shop and mini museum there. We did not take the tour with the crazy rain but did have lunch there as well and toured the doll museum. Even Mary that ran the campground was a delight. The surprise to this visit was me when we left the next morning crying as I approached the car because of the beauty, the experience and staff that run it all. p.s. most all staff is somehow related to Miss Lorretta.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Bryon S
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Drove 6 hours to see the.ranch. We arrived around 1100 and was told the next tour was at 2. The lady selling tickets told us to walk around and come back before 2. We ate lunch in the snack bar and noticed there were several people arriving and decided to get our tickets. While in line the people in front of me were told they were the last of the 200 group. Being surprised I asked why she didn't tell us to get our tickets earlier. Her response was "I didn't know you were interested in the tour." She did get us with the 200 but we didn't appreciate the service. Touring the house was fun and we had a good time. The museum is full of neat stuff including her tour bus.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank mandelw
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Beautiful place to see, with lots of history. Loretta has a wonderful spirit and witt. One of the true legends of country music.

Date of experience: October 2018