Review Highlights
Country music queens tiny river town

This place is a great side trip to stop and spend a few hours looking over Miss Loretta Lynn's tiny... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Adrienne T
Milton
Beautiful place

This is such a great location for the Moto Cross for the kids. The place is huge and you need a... read more

Reviewed 9 November 2018
sljohn
Minnesota

All reviews coal mine plantation home country music conway twitty tour bus original house home place grist mill butcher holler horseback riding dude ranch road trip gift shop house tour other attractions bucket list on display
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Drove 6 hours to see the.ranch. We arrived around 1100 and was told the next tour was at 2. The lady selling tickets told us to walk around and come back before 2. We ate lunch in the snack bar and noticed there were several people arriving and decided to get our tickets. While in line the people in front of me were told they were the last of the 200 group. Being surprised I asked why she didn't tell us to get our tickets earlier. Her response was "I didn't know you were interested in the tour." She did get us with the 200 but we didn't appreciate the service. Touring the house was fun and we had a good time. The museum is full of neat stuff including her tour bus.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank mandelw
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Beautiful place to see, with lots of history. Loretta has a wonderful spirit and witt. One of the true legends of country music.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Kenny G
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I loved taking my grandchildren and Mother in law. I love the feel the minute you get there. I loved the house tour. The guide was beyond sweet and detailed. She is a keeper! I loved visiting. The home was so down to earth. All the treasures are just like everyone else. Avon bottles and salt n pepper shakers. Those are my faves.
I loved the mill and the stores! Every inch of the property makes you feel at home.
We skipped rocks at the creek. We sat on the benches by the mill forever. Just took in the beauty and relaxing environment.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Dalenjodie
Reviewed 21 September 2018

This was a great place to visit. Reasonabley priced, great friendly stuff. The museum was awesome about a family, many celebrities she’s worked with, her beginning. Then the tour with one of her staff through the family home what informative, personal. The home behind was where Loretta lives and she was home and her tour bus was their. Highly recommend taking ithis tour.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Judy C
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is a must see for any fan of Loretta Lynn. For $25 apiece, we were able to tour the Butcher Holler house/set used for the movie, a replication of part of a coal mine (was cheesy), the first floor of the plantation house, and the museum. It was certainly well worth the money. I think it's a bit excessive in catering to tourists with the gift shops and trying to pretend it's a small little town near the plantation - really don't get it and it is too cheesy, but the rest was well worth the drive.

Date of experience: August 2018