“Loretta's Ranch Really Is "Haunted"”

Loretta Lynn's Ranch
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We Loved Our Fall Visit to Loretta Lynn's Hurricane Mills Ranch. We did not know of the History of Paranormal Activity in the Area until we watched the Show on BIO last night. I remembered these Photos taken down at the River by the Campground during the "Songwriter's Festival" in 2009. We were puzzled with the two photos as there was no fog or mist in the area. No light other than from a few campfires nearby. It was clear and nothing was in my Camera View when I personally took these Photos. As you can see several were made within seconds of the ones with the Strange Mist / Orbs and are fine. I compared my photos with other Friends who were taking Photos that night. No one else had anything strange show up in their Photos.
We could not explain these photos.

Date of experience: October 2010
"bucket list"
in 10 reviews
"on display"

Reviewed 5 August 2011

take the time to see her museum is very good has more items then some much larger museums

1  Thank pwf16129
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary at Loretta Lynn's Ranch. We stayed at the RV campsite which was very nice and spacious. The only thing I would recommend is that you make sure you have satellite for TV and internet. There is no cable in the area including in the cabins. At the campsite you get one channel and in the cabins you get three channels. We canoed the Hurricane creek and it was beautiful. The price is $15 dollars per canoe (3 people max per canoe). We toured the home and a replica of the Butcher Holler Home she grew up in. Also, Loretta has a museum which is (12.00 per person) which is well worth the price which houses all her family mementos and collections. There is also Loretta's Boutique that has all autographed merchandise by Loretta. She has been painting the past few months and she is selling the original paintings ($140 dollars) for a small one. Merchandise is very reasonable; I purchased an autographed plate for $15 dollars.
The best time to go is Memorial Day weekend when she has her family concert which is well worth ($49 dollars).

1  Thank MrsMB2008
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Our family traveled from Wisconsin to Tennessee to visit Loretta Lynn's Ranch over Memorial Weekend and to see Loretta Lynn's Family Concert. My 18 year old daughter is a huge Loretta Lynn fan. We had no expectations other than the fact that this was a trip of a lifetime for my daughter. What a treat it was to spend the weekend with Loretta and her family. The concert was amazing. Loretta and her family put on a wonderful show.

We camped on the grounds and we were impressed with how well the Ranch and Campground was maintained. The grounds were neatly groomed and inviting. The bathhouse facilities were clean including showers with plenty of hot water and flushing toilets. A beautiful creek flows through the ranch.

We took the guided tour of the plantation house, the simulated childhood home of Loretta and a simulated coal mine. The tour guide was knowledgable and full of facts. We also visited the museum. The museum included personal items belonging to Loretta and her family and other memorabilia. It was well worth the cost of admission. ($10.00 for adults). We found the ranch to be a wonderful family vacation.

Loretta, her family and staff have a lot to be proud of. My family and I highly recommend visiting and camping at Loretta Lynn's Ranch.

5  Thank Jolson1110
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Never thought I would make it there, but I am so glad I did! The whole place had this sense of reverance. At least to me it did, as I have been a die-hard fan since I was 7 years old, and I'm 44 now. If you even 'like' Loretta at all, do yourself a favor and visit if you ever get the chance. The only thing that could have made this trip better would to have been able to meet her in person. The store, post office, museum, Lady Loretta's Boutique (where you can buy personally autographed items) and everything was just fantastic. The tour of her home was just unbelievable! The tour guide (I don't recall her name, but that little gal was GREAT!) could not have been more informative!

2  Thank Lincoln04