“Forgettable - For all the right reasons. Great stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga North at Highway 153
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Nashville, Tennessee
“Forgettable - For all the right reasons. Great stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Just stayed here yesterday and I hardly remember it, which is a very positive thing. Usually a minor annoyance/hassle will stick with me and I'll always remember it. This place was great, and it's an afterthought. Check in was fast, no id/credit card necessary so I was in my room in under a minute. Room was huge - booked through priceline, I think $55? Queen bed, a couple lazy boy chairs, office desk & chair, plenty of lighting. Big bathroom. Internet was free and fast with no problems. Fitness center wasnt bad. Cardio equipment and a tv. It all worked fine for me. Room was quiet, I was able to get a lot of work done with plenty of room, and slept well. Also in a good location and I was able to hop right on the interstate in the morning and make it to downtown chattanooga in 8 minutes. Breakfast was fine. Lots of good choices. Very pleased. I didn't experience one issue while I was here. Come to think of it though, I passed by the front desk and lobby several times throughout the night and morning and I dont think I ever saw an employee. Good thing I didn't need anything! Great place though, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our house burned on Sept 1st at 5:00 am. We are a family of 9 and were devastated. The Red Cross Put us up at the COUNTRY INN SUITES, What a fantastic place, Having lost everything in the fire, We were not dressed like business people but we were treated with great respect and wanted to know if we needed anything! What Great People! Everyday that we were there was the same smiling faces and same courteous action. If there was ever a reward given out for a Great Place to Stay it would have to be This Country Inn Suites!
I just want someone to know How great the people and the rooms were and what it meant to me and my family.
Marilyn Crawford

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were in town for a wedding and needed a place to stay. I had never stayed at a Country Inn and Suites before, and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located next to a busy hwy, but the inside is wonderfully quite. The staff was friendly and everything looked clean and well maintained. Check in and check out were both easy. The elevator is a little scary- it makes a weird grinding noise and its a bit jerky, but it got us up and down safely every time we used it. Our room, 215, was located next to the elevator, and I was worried about the noise. The layout of the room, however, is genius, and the only place you can hear the elevator is in the bathroom. The room was clean, and well maintained- and the bed was pretty comfortable. We did not use the pool or any other amenities, but we did take advantage of the free breakfast which was your standard hotel breakfast (bagles, waffles, eggs, etc). Overall, it was a nice place to spend the night and if we find ourselves in Hixson again, we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Check in was a breeze. My room was attractive, neat and clean. Had a coffee pot. The best part was the free breakfast. The selection was great. Make your own waffles, two hot items every day such as bisquits and gravy or egss and bacon, 3 juices, bagels/breads/muffins, oatmeal, milk, cereals/granola, four coffee pots. You could not ask for more. They have a gym with treadmills, eliptical and a bike. The seat of the bike was broken.

The location was great. Good neighborhood, near mall and many restaurants. Many attractions within a reasonable driving distance. If I am ever back in Chattanooga this is where I will definitely stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We reserved our room in advance and was told we would have a suite. I got a confirmation number, person's name and everything. When we arrived we were told they had no room for us. I showed them my confirmation and was told they had canceled it, but no one knew why or who canceled it. I insisted on a room and they said they would give us a regular room, but no suites were available. They said we could get a suite the next night. But the next morning they informed us there would be no suites available again. We needed a suite and I had to sleep inn the car the first night and was not going to do that again, so we checked out and found another motel that could accommodate us. The room they gave us had spiders in it. The bathroom was dirty (even the walls) and the tub had hair in it upon arrival. This was not what I'm used to at Country Inn and Suites. I'm a club member and stay often at this chains hotels, but doubt I will after this experience. None of us got much sleep. We should have never checked in after all of the problems with our reservation. With all of our complaining we never saw a manager. He must have been hiding. If they treat their club members this way, I hate to think of how others are treated. Don't stop here.

Room Tip: Confirmations don't mean anything here. You may need a letter from the CEO to get a room.