“won't stay here again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Goodlettsville
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Goodlettsville
“won't stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

ok, i admit it, we were trying to be cheap. House hunting for a move to the area, we stayed here because it was cheap. $70 for a double sounded good to me. Trust me, spend the extra. Dirty room, dirty sheets, exposed light/wires in shower overhead light in bathroom. When my husband went to grab some coffee during the "complimentary continental" breakfast, he had to ask the clerk to make some coffee - and the breakfast consisted of some stale looking danishes. Beds were mushy, mushy, mushy. I woke up feeling like i never went to sleep!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

Let me put it this way. If I had to stay in this town again and the Days inn had the last rooms, I would sleep in my car. I stayed here on the way back from florida with my 2 young daughters. the place had no lights outside. i could hardly see my car right outside the door. the carpets were filthy, the toilet seat had big chips in it, as did the bathroom counter top. the molding was falling apart, the paint was falling off the walls, the mirrors had big black spots on them, the place smelled like smoke covered up with perfume, the breakfast was crap and the list goes on. The only thing missing was a few drunks and crack heads outside my door but if i stuck around long enough i'm sure they would have been by. i'm not that picky and have only complained about a hotel once in the last 20 years but this place is a real TOILET. Days inn is on my "do not stay at" list now.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Goodlettsville hotels

Quad Cities, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2007

I travel frequently on business, and this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had!
Not only were the rooms old, worn out and in need of updating, they were dirty! The first thing I noticed was the approx 1 inch gap around three sidesof the door that allowed the 20 degree wind to whistle through all night. I froze all night with the heat on high! There were cigarette burns on the carpet and the bathtub. Upon washing my hands, I discovered makep all over the hand towel that was hanging by the sink! When I pulled the bedspread off to go to bed, there were long dark hairs on both of the pillows! Sheets and towels had yellowish stains. In the morning I heard pounding a few doors down, it turns out the young lady had an experience nearly identical to mine - and when she attempted to leave the room, the lock stuck and she had to beat on it with a hairbrush to get out! I wouldn't stay there again if they paid me! Absolutely awful on all counts!

• Liked — There was nothing I liked about these accomodations.
  • Disliked — Unclean, poorly maintained, understaffed.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank QCMidwestern
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2006

This motel is a former Holiday Inn Express (as evidenced by all of the HIE logos both evident and covered by Days Inn stickers) and I can see why it was sold by the chain. Motel style housing in need of some paint. The steps to the upper level were deteriorating badly. Upon entering the room, it was evident that our non-smoking room had not always been so. Cigarette burns in the carpet as well as on the tub. Dead bug in bathroom. Floors were not even. Loveseat was extremely uncomfortable. HBO guide was from March 2006 (its July 2006). Jacuzzi tub did not work at all. Pool open until 11pm. Breakfast stated till 10:30, empty by 9am.
Positives-Free Wi-Fi access. Price definitely reflected the quality.
As my brother in law has moved to Goodlettsville, we will be visiting often, but not staying in this motel again.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2004

We stayed here in May 2003. The rooms all open to the outside. This is a property purchased by Holiday Inn that doesn't fit the normal look-and-feel. Noisy and a stale "frozen pastries" breakfast that didn't tempt us.

1 Thank hockeyfan1999