“Local Institution With a Loyal Following”
Review of West St. Diner

West St. Diner
Ranked #29 of 108 Restaurants in Germantown
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving breakfast all day, meat and vegetable plates, sandwiches, and homemade bread and desserts. This iconic Germantown restaurant has been in business for 29 years under the original ownership.
Reviewed 29 May 2016

I feel bad that I have neglected to take time to write a review of this local favorite. My wife and I often decide to eat dinner here, especially when we are having a very hectic day. We have dined here so often that we know the hostesses, waitress, and many of the chefs very well. We feel like family here! We like being able to have the catfish and chicken tenders entrees be grilled. The meats and vegetables on the menu change daily throughout the week, but they are on a rotating schedule that is easily accessible via their website. The cornbread muffins and sweetbread are wonderful. The take-out volume is heavy, attesting to the love that many locals have for this place. We love dining here!

lynn246, Owner at West St. Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts about the diner. Our customers appreciate the consistency in the food and our very friendly and efficient servers and chefs. We hope you come back soon and often!!

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Great little place for home cooked food. Had chicken and dumplings which was fabulous. Service is fast and friendly. Tea is great as well.

lynn246, Owner at West St. Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Gail,

Chicken and dumplings is a customer favorite as is turkey and dressing (Thursdays), fried chicken liver or beef liver and onions (Wednesdays) and fried chicken (Fridays). You will find that our food and service is consistently excellent .

I am so glad you had a great experience at West Street Diner and hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

This is a great place that has stood the test of time. I really like their meat and veggie offerings, especially the country fried steak. I also really love their breakfasts!! Excellent

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Great atmosphere, 50s & 60s decor. Food is very good, good portions and has good taste. Toast was cold and the butter did not melt when spread on the toast.

lynn246, Owner at West St. Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2016

Toast can cool off very fast. To be sure your toast is buttery, ask the server to grill it for you. One side would be more toasted and one side would be soft with margarine applied on the grill. You may also want to try our biscuits, English muffins or homemade bagels which will stay warm longer because they are thicker.

Thanks for your complimentary review. We hope to see you again and often.
Sheri

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Small diner. Ample parking. I went on a early Saturday morning. Not too crowded. People just getting there. Families, couples, singles, business meetings were all there. If you like a great southern breakfast, this is the place. I had eggs over medium, sausage patties, and cheese grits, and biscuits. Also, coffee and water. The waitress was a professional. Very efficient. She looked after the place by herself until another lady showed a little later. But, I did not feel that I was not taken care of. My breakfast was well cooked and enjoyable. This is not a place for ambiance. It is clean, colorful, with great southern cooking, and efficient waitresses. Worth the trip.

lynn246, Owner at West St. Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

We appreciate your positive comments about our diner and employees and hope you will visit us again soon.