“Good”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The owner was so helpful in ordering. We thought the food was very good! We both loved the tamales. The friend cheese was ok! Would go back but was not as fabulous as we had heard!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I've never understood the draw of this place, other than it's in the suburbs where people don't know what good Mexican food tastes like. The food is similar to something I could fling together at home. Way over priced. Tiny portions. The food isn't bad, it's just nothing I would pay for.
Drive over to Summer Ave instead and visit any of the dozens of authentic restaurants and food trucks there. You'll be eating at a place that is filled with Hispanic customers instead of suburban yuppies. No offense to my fellow suburbanites, but it's the only explanation I can think of for why people gush over this place.

1  Thank emilys2222
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered the el pastor tacos and limeade. Very delicious. This is not a full service restaurant. There is a line to order and pay, then when your number is called, you have to pick it up at a window. Seating is somewhat limited. Busy. Lots of customers.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Las Tortugas Deli Mexicana is one of the best restaurants in the world. Everything is fresh and prepared with care. My favorites are the chicken tinga, brisket, and shrimp tortuga.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We visit this wonderful place every time we are in Memphis. Amazing fresh made Mexican food. Even I though the guacamole was good and I don't like guacamole. All of their tacos and tortas are fresh made and amazing. The limeaid is the drink of choice. This place is worth every penny and they don't skimp on anything.