“great barbecue, locals love this place”

Germantown Commissary
Ranked #2 of 106 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We waited about 10 minutes for a table. The restaurant isnt very big, and they do a busy take out business from the front waiting area. We tried the chopped pork, in a sandwich. it was tasty and not fatty. the regular barbecue sauce on the table was delicious. I mixed in a little bit of the spicy sauce and it was perfect. Tried the Banana pudding which was supposed to be fantastic. I honestly thought there were too many vanilla wafer cookies in it. I like to get bites of pudding, and bites of cookie, but it was so infused with cookies I couldn't really enjoy it.Overall i would go back if I ever go to Memphis again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This place is always crowded because it is consistently good. The food is delicious, the prices are reasonable and the service is great.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I haven't been for 14 years. Went to visit family and friends and had to go to the Commissary!
BBQ plate was great. The place was busy, the service was great. Got a wine and they
gave us the glass with the logo on it.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

It’s not big, but it is really cool. The staff was engaging and fun. The nachos were good. We liked the pork. The pies and banana pudding for dessert were great. The cheese plate appetizer with sausage was good too.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

My husband has eaten at the Commissary quite a few times, and the rest of us were definitely looking forward to it. Excellent!!! We don’t have bbq like this in Michigan! We had pulled pork, brisket, chicken and ribs plates, and the mac & cheese. Great food, friendly service, worth every penny. My daughters and I were too full for dessert, but the pies & cakes sure did look tasty! My husband had the banana pudding and loved every bite. We will definitely eat here again when we return to Memphis.