All reviewstrain noisefront deskshowing its agequeen bedcouple of weeksfree breakfastmemphis germantownlight sleeperminute drivewould stay here againgeneral manageran upgradeample parkingstaff was very friendly and helpfula great stayevery morninggreat customer service
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We were a group of three ladies, one 65+ and two 85+, in town for a family event. I (65+) travel a lot, and on this weekend, the collective staff was the BEST I've ever seen in a hotel. From the young man, "Cue", to A**** and La**** at the front desk, to Cassandra and the supervisor in Housekeeping who's name tag I couldn't see, to the maintenance man that graciously fixed the problem that we didn't have, and the kitchen staff that provided ice and extra attention at the buffet to help the older ladies- they were all efficient, competent, friendly and went above and beyond to help us be safe and comfortable. Not one GRUMPY on a weekend where the hotel seemed to be filled with teenage athletes-type folks.

We had three smartphones and three tablet devices. We all had excellent Wi-Fi access when needed.

We very much enjoyed the breakfast, once taken to the room and once in the dining area, The scrambled eggs were actually good, and the variety of meats, cheese, pastries and such, was as expected. I'll never be a fan of the 'vegetable crumble' but I saw others that apparently liked it. Mom missed her grits this morning, but, enjoyed several other offerings, so it was just fine.

While we did not request a handicapped suite, our 2 bedroom suite was handicapped accessible, with a fireplace. We did not use the fireplace in late April. The king bed was comfortable and while the queen bed sagged a bit, it was fine for one person. The facilities passed my mother and aunt's (85+ years) old fashioned standards for cleanliness. The supplies were as expected. We did need to ask for luggage racks, but Cue provided them promptly.

I suspect this hotel may be on the list for updating because it needs more/easier access to plugs for electronic devices and some of the décor is a little outdated. For our needs, it was just fine. All kitchenette appliances worked well. The only handicap parking was at the front door. Had there been handicapped parking and a ramp at the side/back door, we would have preferred to use that entrance because it was closer to our room. We did not need wheelchair access, but safe ramp access to prevent falls for the one of our party with sight problems.

While the address is on Poplar Pike, I found it more convenient to access from the Poplar Avenue and Johnson St. intersection, turning from Poplar Ave on to the private road and then right again at the Walgreens. The Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn have simple access through this parking lot. There is a Fresh Market grocery that can be walked to through the parking lots. Using the Poplar Ave. and Johnson St intersection may give you better GPS options.

Because of the excellent service, and the proximity to family in the area, this will be my new Memphis/Germantown "go-to" hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. The staff and I are thrilled to know you enjoyed our friendly service. I also appreciate you letting us know about the room concerns, and they have been addressed. I am also glad you enjoyed the location. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have stayed at several residence inns and liked them. This Residence Inn was terrible. I would have driven further had I known. I am elite status with Marriott and requested at 2:00 checkin. Arrived at 2:20 and was told my room would not be ready to sit in lobby.
I also requested middle of floor (got the very last room), requested first floor (was on 2nd). I needed to check in so I took what they gave me. I always pull back the sheets on the beds to check. They had not been changed from last occupant. I requested my sheets in changed. was told ok. After a period of time, I requested again. was told - it would be done. We left the hotel around 4:30 and returned at 9:30pm. Sheets not touched. I went to front desk and they said, they do not do that for check ins. I said I would not sleep on those sheets, to give me a clean set and I would change them myself. Front desk brought them up and changed the sheets but complained about it. The room was barely cleaned. Dust, stuff on carpet, kitchen wiped, floor sticky, etc.
I told the front desk I wanted the room comped because of the problems. She said she would notate it and I needed to speak with the manager in AM. At check out I asked for the comp. was told nothing was written down. BUT, the front desk this morning said -"didn't the front desk come up and change your sheets?" how did they know without notations. Requested the manager. She was next door at other property. She would be over in a minute (which is how apart the hotels are). I waited 20 minutes and said I need to get on the road, where is she? They called and she had not come over. I requested to talk with her. She said she would comp the room but could not give me a $0 receipt until other manager came in. It would be emailed in a few hours. Next day, no email. I wrote the manager asking for a $0 receipt and my points for the night. Had there not been their problems I would have gotten my points. After 3 days wrote again. No answer. But I did notice my reservation is gone from my history on Marriott website. I stayed March 31, 2018 I would never stay there again.There are plenty of other hotels in the area to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. I understand your frustration with the cleanliness, and service you received. Sincere apologies from myself and my team for not delivering Marriott service expectations. Your concerns have been shared with the appropriate departments and corrected. It is our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. I appreciate you being our guest and a loyal Marriott Rewards Member.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were at this hotel for the bowl game in December. It was extremely clean, the breakfast was delicious and the front desk staff was so friendly....especially since we were from the visiting team! A lot of Iowa State people were staying at this hotel, and everyone was commenting how delightful of a place it was to stay. This is a beautiful community to stay and dine. We will be back to Germantown if we attend another bowl game here!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. The team and I are thrilled to know you enjoyed our friendly service. It is our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. We appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived in Germantown, TN and checked into the Residence Inn Hotel for our 3 Day Vacation. Staff was very Friendly and Helpful. Got to the room and it was clean and all amenities were in place. Went to the front desk to ask for a couple of items that we needed and without hesitation we had them. The Breakfast was very good and had a different variety of items each day. Beds were comfortable. There are nearby Restaurants and Shopping in the area. Staff was excellent and attentive to each detail. The drive from Germantown to Memphis is about 25 minutes but the scenery on the drive into Memphis is nice. If we are ever back in the area I will be staying in Germantown at the Residence Inn Hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. The staff and I are thrilled to know you enjoyed our friendly service, cleanliness, breakfast variety, and the beds. It is always our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. I appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I recently spent a couple of weeks here recovering from a donating a kidney. I needed a quiet place to get my strength back and this Residence Inn fit the bill. The staff here went above and beyond to accommodate my needs and make me and my family feel comfortable.

Everyone is friendly and greets you with a smile. I appreciate that since the first few days my only venture out was to the breakfast bar. I would stay here again and again. The sense of teamwork and caring by the staff is outstanding and they should be recognized for it. It's rare and I'm very grateful for their attention and consideration.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Richie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Residence Inn Memphis Germantown. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. The staff and I are thrilled to know you enjoyed our friendly service, caring, and teamwork. It is our intent for every guest to have a pleasurable experience. We hope to see you again soon.