“-”
Review of Southern Social

Southern Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Description: We are a fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Old Germantown, Tennessee. We offer a full-service bar, warm atmosphere, and pride ourselves on our signature steaks. Open seven days per week from 4pm for dinner service. Sundays for brunch from 9am-2:30pm. Our bar stays open daily at least 1 hour past dinner service, closing at 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The service at Southern Social is the best you will find anywhere and the food is always good! The appetizer portions are large enough to be filling.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Tremendous staff, great food, outstanding service in a great setting. Extremely knowledgeable wait staff (Chris is awesome). Happy to take their time with you so you have the best experience possible. We will be back!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Our birthday dinner group chose Southern Social Restaurant in Germantown, Tn last month. We were seated in a small private dining room for 10. This lovely area has beautiful wine casks imbedded in the walls and a privacy curtain for sound proofing the bustling restaurant noise. Several of us chose the special of a delicate pastry shell stuffed with lobster and crabmeat with a devine creamy white wine sauce. Others chose their fabulous lamb. We had impeccable service and a finale of amazing coconut cake and fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream. The wine choices were amazing. They offer suggested fights of wine with pairings. Reservations are suggested for this restaurant due to its popularity.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Recommend making reservations. Seems to be an early dining crowd that packs the restaurant by 6-7PM on week nights. Have dropped in and ate at the bar first time and second time with a friend I waited 20 minutes for a table "on the patio. Neither dining experience suffered from seating arrangements. Service and ambiance still great, Well staffed attentive bar staff and outside service is as good as inside from what I've experienced. Food was fantastic and watch out if you're drinking martinis- they are very reasonably priced and absolutely lethal in size. Extensive wine list for all palates and pocket books.
Service was just great. They seem to have a huge staff but still maintain pretty reasonable pricing for fine dining.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I dined there recently with 5 other friends. We were seated in a side room that has a curtain, and although we could have kept the curtain open, we opted to close it so that we could talk and laugh without disturbing those around us! The service could not have been better. Very professional young ladies, from the hostess, to our main server, to the secondary server, who mainly just refilled water glasses.

Food-wise, one of the highlights was the seafood gumbo. My friend ordered it but I definitely wished I had done the same once I tried it. It was some of the best I’ve ever had. The She-Crab soup was also very good. Aunt Thelma’s fried chicken, ordered by another friend, was truly mouthwatering. I had the scallops and although they had a great flavor, they were a little on the salty side. They were served with mushroom risotto and that was cooked perfectly. The Atlantic Halibut also got high ratings from everyone.

As far as wines, they have an extensive wine selection and offer wine flights. Our server was very helpful with our choices and informed us on what could be substituted in a flight. We enjoyed our evening and I would love to go back.

Been to Southern Social? Share your experiences!