“Beautiful Cabin on the Hill!”
other travellers have booked this property
Striper Fishing at Cordell Hull Lake with Captain Jim Durham from StriperFun!  12-20-2015
Sunrise Lake view from Shore Line 2015
Hillside with Deer at Evening
Entry Room
Upstairs GreatRoom
Downstairs Full Bath
Bunkhouse Full Size Bed  Plus Twin (Not Shown)
Well Appointed Kitchen
Gazebo Walk
Goodnight!
Inside Gazebo
Lounging!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mckrob
St. John's, Canada
“Beautiful Cabin on the Hill!”
Reviewed 28 May 2016 for a stay in November 2015

I was in nearby Carthage on business for a couple of weeks in the fall and was lucky to find Carla and Howard's beautiful place on the hill. I had an extremely relaxing and pleasant stay. The cabin was clean and well appointed, the bed super-comfortable, and the views stellar, but what really made the stay memorable was Carla and Howard! More accomodating and gracious hosts I can't imagine. I truly look forward to my next stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
frequentt...
Phoenix, Arizona
“i've Been There 3 Times”
Reviewed 14 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

i have stayed in over 30 different private homes in my travels for business and pleasure. This is one of my favorite places. I like it, because it sits on top of a mountain and the closest neighbor is a mile away. You can watch the fog rise off the river below the property. The property borders the river. The bird life is plentiful. When you sit on the porch over looking the river, all you hear are the sounds of nature. On most trips back to civilization, you will see local wildlife, deer, rabbits, turkeys. The place is tastefully decorated, it's as close to home as I get when I am traveling. What makes the place special is the hospitality of the owners. They treat you like family. When I a back in the area, this is the only place I will stay at. If your looking to get away from the average home rental experience, this is the place

Travelling group: Solo
16 Feb 2016
It is always a pleasure to host someone as nice as you. We look forward to a return visit! :-)
Gracieme
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“4 nights 5 days was way to short of a stay :)”
Reviewed 6 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Beautiful, relaxing, private, spacious, way accommodating, & great hospitality. What more can I say, we were 3 adults, 2 teenagers & a 3 month old grandson :) never enough photos. We went hiking at 55, I still got it, enjoyed the jacuzzi, wonderful shower head, cooked up a storm for Thanksgiving, relaxed & took in the fantastic scenery. It raining a full day didn't faze the mode a bit. It wasn't like the Florida rain I'm used to. U have to see and experience it to believe.
Thanks Carla & Howard 4 the memories

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen wait no....I liked everything the best :)
Liked least: teenagers say no internet but, I loved the solitude my worst is this survey limiting my words or I'd say more :)
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
8 Dec 2015
Thank you so much for the lovely review. It was totally our pleasure to host you and your family.
CATHY V
Franklin, Tennessee
“Perfect Place to relax with a fantastic view and a great kitchen”
Reviewed 15 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Upper Cumberland Cabin in Gainesboro, TN. This 2 bedroom suite is also known as The Blue Heron Retreat. There is a fantastic view of Cordell Hull Lake from the kitchen window and outside deck. You can relax outside on the upstairs deck or downstairs porch which both have very nice porch furniture on them. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and antique wardrobe to hang clothes in. The second bedroom has one full-size bed and one twin bed. There is also a couch in the den area with flat screen TV. Two tables are available for eating or for playing board games. The larger table seats 6 people. The kitchen is amazing with nice appliances including a refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove\oven combination. You have plenty of counter space to prepare and serve food and is exgtremely well-stocked with kitchen utensils, dishes, pots, pans, and casserole dishes. Two modern bathrooms are available. We also were able to use the WIFI with our tablet. Carla and Howard, the owners, are friendly and very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to go back sometime in the next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: relaxing atmosphere
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Dec 2015
It was totally our pleasure to host you for your stay! Thank you for being such excellent guests!
Jason T
New York
“Great place!”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We were looking to get away, and yet be comfortable and this was perfect. Great hosts helped with information about the area before we arrived and during our stay. They made sure we were comfortable, but did not bother us at all. The area is beautiful and we had the opportunity to go kayaking and "waterfalling"! We cooked or made all of our own meals without any problem after stopping at the grocery store on our way from Nashville. it was a great chance to get away and hang out with some buddies! Comfortably slept all of us in five separate beds and even had a hot tub at the end of a long hike.

Travelling group: Friends
8 Dec 2015
So happy that we were able to provide you with a good experience. We enjoyed hosting you and hope to do so in the future!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing