“Awesome Food, Friendly Staff, Great Service-Don’t Miss This Place!”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #13 of 403 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We happened upon this restaurant on the 4th of July. Although we planned to do 4th of July in Nashville, we heard that it would be jammed everywhere, so we decided to go out to a little town, and happened upon Franklin, Tennessee on a map. We drove there and arrived at around 4:00 p.m. We had no problem finding parking, and were thrilled to walk around this absolutely beautiful town on 4th of July. We found the Mellow Mushroom and decided to try it out. We ordered the hummus appetizer, and among us, ordered pizzas and I ordered the meatball calzone. The pizza dough is some of the best I have ever had anywhere. The calzone was terrific, and I tried my kids’ cheese pizza and my daughter did the Build Your Own pizza—pesto, vegan cheese, pepperoni and onion. Fantastic! Our waiter, Skyler, was terrific—very friendly, super attentive, and fun to talk with. This place is funky, which adds to the fun. The restrooms were clean, as were the tableware and such. Prices were as you might expect. Don’t miss this place if you happen to be near Franklin!

RebeccaAnnNoble, Guest Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Peter, we're so glad to hear you had a wonderful time at Mellow Mushroom and enjoyed the town of Franklin as a whole! Thank you for stopping in. Skylar will be happy to hear it!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We went here with the family to get a quick
Lunch in the cool. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was kid friendly with crayons and paper ready for them. The pizza was tasty and the right amount of topping.

Thank you Paul. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited Franklin on a day when the entire downtown area was taken over by a local Arts & Crafts Market. It was a wonderful market, but we were worried we wouldn't be able to find a good restaurant with so many people downtown. We decided to forego the food trucks on the street and try Mellow Mushroom. Luckily for us, we were early enough to beat much of the crowd for lunch.
We were seated in a smaller room off the main dining area and our server arrived promptly and took our order. The pizza we ordered was good, but a little heavy on large pieces of green pepper for my taste. Soon after being served, the room filled to capacity, became very loud and was difficult to catch a servers attention for drink refills.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Our apologies for the lack of prompt service due to our capacity. We will do our very best to ensure you have prompt service no matter what during your next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The food is good, quantities are good, the service is good and I just enjoy the area in Downtown Franklin. If you get a chance to go do yourself a favor and stop in. My favorite is The Great White! It is amazing! I always imagine it would be good leftover and cold from the fridge but there are never leftovers!

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on a weeknight and they were not too crowded. We ordered the pretzel bites and beer cheese sauce. They were so tasty! We gobbled those bites right up. We ordered a few pizzas to share. I loved the Great White pizza. They put ricotta cheese on top and it is mouthwatering. My husband is dying to come back to eat there again. The waitress was very friendly and gave honest opinions on the beer on tap. She let me taste a beer I was curious about. The beer we purchased was fresh, cold and tasty.

RebeccaAnnNoble, Guest Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you Anna! We can't wait to have you and your husband back to try another specialty pie!

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!