“Yummy Cinnamon Rolls”

Ranked #2 of 17 Dessert in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Merridee's Breadbasket is a bakery / restaurant located in downtown Franklin, TN USA
Reviewed 5 October 2015

A bit confusing when you first walk in. With this being the first time we came to this establishment, we had to watch the flow of the customers to see where to order, pick up food, get a table, refills, etc. After standing what seemed in the way of everyone to see their extensive chalkboard menu, we ordered and had it promptly delivered to our table. It was truly one of the best raisin cinnamon buns I've had. The selection of baked goods was amazing and hard to choose just one.

The atmosphere is warm and the food was great. The staff was friendly. I can see why this is a popular place to stop for a bite to eat. Definitely put this on your "stop and try list".

Merridees, Manager at Merridee's Breadbasket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Wow. “One of the best I’ve had” is quite a compliment! We’re so glad you enjoyed your pastry and our friendly atmosphere. Next time you stop in, you’ll know exactly how to place your order, so you won’t have to wait long for your next cinnamon raisin roll.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

We stopped by on a rainy Saturday late morning for tea and a sweet roll. Darling place, very busy, friendly staff, great tea drinks (I had the London Fog) and wonderful pastries. What's not to like :).

There’s nothing like a cup of hot tea and a pastry on a rainy day. It can be a little crowded on Saturdays, but we’re grateful you stopped in for a treat. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Franklin.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Being vegan, there's not a whole lot I can eat here, but their oatmeal is REALLY good. I have friends who love the pastries here and they seem to mix it up so there's always something new to try. Their coffee's good too (which is something I'm pretty critical of!)

A cup of good coffee and some oatmeal sounds like a great way to start the day. Thanks so much for your review, and for sharing your vegan choice from our menu. We’re glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit, and we hope you’ll come back soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

I had the omelette, for breakfast, this morning. I ordered it with ham, onion, and green pepper. It had very little ham on it, at all. Cinnamon roll with raisins was good. If you're not familiar with the ordering process, it can be somewhat confusing. It was our first visit, so we were unsure of where/how to order. Once you place your order at the counter, you give them your name, take your seat, and they bring it out to you. You do have to get your own drinks, condiments, and cutlery, however. Same with refills. The staff was pleasant, and I enjoyed the dark roast coffee. (In fact, I went back for another cup, late this afternoon!) I thought the menu prices were a bit on the high side. I'm glad we tried it, but I was not overly impressed with the overall dining experience.

Merridees, Manager at Merridee's Breadbasket, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

We’re so glad you stopped in for breakfast and enjoyed your cinnamon roll and coffee. We apologize that your omelette wasn’t what you expected, and we hope you’ll come back again and give us another chance. It’s important to us that our customers enjoy every part of their experience at Merridee’s, and we’re glad you found the staff to be pleasant and the coffee worthy of a repeat visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Consistently great food and warm atmosphere. A Popular hotspot for locals and fortunate travelers to Franklin.

Merridees, Manager at Merridee's Breadbasket, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Our goal is to serve your favorite fresh baked, homemade food in an atmosphere that’s comfortable for locals and visitors alike. It sounds like we’ve succeeded. Thanks so much for your kind words!