New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Mediocre, did not offer what it said, front desk man from India was very rude an” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Crossville TN

Super 8 Crossville TN
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Knoxville, Tn.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2005

We just recently stayed at the Super 8 Motel in Crossville, Tn. When we checked in at night the lady at the front desk was helpful and polite. The room was not deluxe but I didn't expect it to be. When we requested an hour later check-out time the next morning the Indian man at the front desk grudgingly agreed and told me if I was not out by noon we would pay. I agreed and was very polite. He rudely stated several times that I would have to pay if any later. I agreed. The info in the room had stated a late check out could be arranged at no problem. I was only asking for an extra hour. He was surly and rude. I continued to be polite and thanked him explaining my child had been up all night feeling sick. He showed no sympathy, just kept repeating that I would pay if we left a minute after noon (the regular check-out time was 11 AM). The breakfast bar was closed before they had advertised and there were no coffee makers in the rooms as advertised. I went down with one load of luggage at 11:45 and he rudely reiterated about the money to be paid if I was late. I politely inquired if there was a buggy cart to whichk he said they only had one, he did not know where it was and I needed to go to the different floors and look for it. When I came back to my room (minus the cart I could not locate) my key did not work and I could not get back into my room to retrieve the rest of my belongings. A very nice clean up crew, lead by an Indian woman opened the door for me and said he must have cut off my key. They also looked for the cart and were very helpful and apologetic. When I finally went down at noon I asked the rude man if there was anything else I had to do to check out...he rudely shook his head and when I said, "Thak you"...he only grunted. He was obviously only interested in making $$$ and not in customer service. If this is the owner I would surely not want this Super 8 to be included in their chain. I will not be going to Super 8 any more and will inform friends to steer clear. It certainly does not deserve a 2 rating under this manager and they should offer what they promise. The man definitely could use some hotel manners classes or whatever is offered. So, you've seen the last of me and my family.

11 Thank Nakanawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2004

Highly recommend. Clean, everything working and attractive. Up to date everywhere. Good price. Very nice management. Pet friendly. I will stay here again

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2004

Excellent property, fairly new! Room size was nice! Clean, clean, clean!!! Absolutely no complaints, would definetely return again in the future!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
0.1 km away
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#6 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Super 8 Crossville TN? Share your experiences!