“Typical Mexican Restaurant”
Review of El Presidente

El Presidente
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Covington
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We stayed at the Holiday Inn that was very close (two blocks) and the front desk recommended it. It is clean and the service was quite fast and courteous.
The menu is large with lots of options
Food portions were well sized so one gets their money's worth. The chips and salsa (complementary) were especially good.
Yes, I'd eat there again.

1  Thank travelerted
There are newer reviews for El Presidente

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Slow slow service. Only 1 toy left in the crane game. Also got a screw in my tire. But food was average.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We were here today for the first time!!! It was great food. Highly recommended! We had a grilled Chicken Chimmiechanga which was amazing.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

What a great little secret on Hwy 51! The food is very good and the service was excellent. The fajitas nachos and the margaritas are my favorite but the have a ton a variety on the menu!! A great place for Mexican food.

1  Thank DreamVacation6
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We had gone for a ride with friend son Labor Day with friend s on our Harleys and had planned to eat at another restaurant but it was closed. After checking on 2 others, they too, were closed. So we drove down the Hwy 51 to see what was open. We spotted El Presidente and decided we would go there. What a pleasant surprise! First of all our waiter who normally worked the bar was excellent. He was courteous and made helpful suggestions. Our first surprise was the chips and salsa. Light chips and flavorful salsa. OK we're off to a good start. I ordered the #1 lunch and had the absolute best ever chile releno I have ever had anywhere! The pepper was tender and the sauce awesome. I liked everything else the #1 included. Those with us were very pleased with their meals as well. My husband told me to remember this place because we would have to come back. Although we live 1 1/2 hours away I can assure you we will be back. We were also very pleased when the bill came. Great food, great prices, and great service. What more could we ask for except that it maybe was closer to where we live. .