“Awesome home cooking!”
Review of Court Square Cafe

Court Square Cafe
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Covington
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Great Cafe to stop in and overindulge if you aren't to careful! It's hard to find good home cooked type food anymore but, this place takes the cake. Staff is great and attentive to your needs while you are there. Makes you glad you stopped!

There are newer reviews for Court Square Cafe

Reviewed 22 April 2017

If I were rating this restaurant solely on taste and quality of food, I would rate it at about 4 stars. It's pretty close to average, really. A nice little sit-down cafe with tables (no booths) and primarily Southern eats.

Our problem was actually OVER-service. I love having a waiter or waitress come to check on us every five to ten minutes.....but we were literally asked "is everything ok?" and "do you need anything?" and "how do you like the food?" so often - by quite literally every staff member that was in the restaurant that we started timing how long it would be before someone else would come along. The shortest time we had to wait between people coming to our table, asking the same question? FIFTEEN SECONDS. No joke. It was that often. And this continued through our entire meal. It reached the point of annoying proportions and my husband even at one point told one of the waiters before he had the chance to ask "Yes, we're perfectly okay - everything is good - thank you" and they still didn't slow down in their constant rotation of questions.

Like I said, I don't mind good service....but there is such thing as over-service. And they have definitely reached that level and then some.

The food was decent, but we opted to not return to this restaurant because it simply became very annoying, very quickly.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Had the chicken and dumplings which where served in juice in a bowl. Turnip greens in a small cup, corn bread, rolls, twice baked potatoe and pecan pie for dessert. Very good service and decent price but fantastic food.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

My wife and I were in Covington recently for lunch and found Court Square Cafe. Well, the reviews were good and we are glad we tried it out. Turns out that the building was built in the 1940's which added to the atmosphere.

First, the service staff were courteous, friendly and they made us feel welcome. I had the huge country fried steak (it was half the size of the plate!), scratch made mashed potatoes and homemade sweet potatoe casserole. Everything was well seasoned and full of flavor. My wife enjoyed her chicken and dressing with spinach and cornbread.

If you're in or going to Covington - or simply passing by on Hwy 51 - take a quick trip over to Court Square and have some great food and gracious service. You'll be glad you did - and you'll leave full and satisfied.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

We eat at this restaurant almost every week and have always had good food and good service. After just a couple of visits, you feel like part of the family. Very good prices and large portions! If you enjoy down home cooking and a relaxed atmosphere, this is your place.