“Big disappointment ”

Billings Bald Butcher
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Visiting family in TN and went here for dinner. Ordered the sirloin, salad bar and baked potato. Waitress told me to get my potato from the buffet. I was shocked that the cheese on the salad bar was IMITATION!!! Yuck! The potato must have been sitting there all day. It was hard and brown inside. 30 minutes after ordering and everyone who DID eat the buffet were finished eating, the waitress came and told me they were out of sirloin! Really??? I ordered the flat iron steak (which was very average). They did comp my dinner so that was abut the only good thing I can say about this restaurant. Happy to be home in Texas where the food is EXCELLENT!!! Tennessee restaurants are horrible!!!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This restaurant is open and has a breakfast bar on Saturday only.
Lunch and dinner are served all days except for Sunday when the restaurant closes.
Meals may be ordered from the menu or a choice may be made to eat from a buffet.
There is a good variety of well prepared foods.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

My wife and I stopped in for dinner on Friday evening. They had a great seafood buffet but was just too much food for us senior citizens. My wife ordered the grilled catfish sandwich from their regular menu- was absolutely the best she had ever had- her own words. I also agree that it was great. I ordered the grilled hamburger steak with onions, peppers and gravy. Was well above average but not quite the best I'd ever had. Overall, good food and excellent service. Attentive but not hovering. Will stop here again, especially when I want fried frog legs.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

They have really good food, I eat here when I can. I have only had one bad experience here, and I am glad it hasn't reoccured or else I would not have went back.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

A friend treated me to lunch at this neat restaurant in Covington, TN. They had sliced pork roast, fried chicken, meatloaf, fish, plenty of great vegetables such as green beans made southern style (Oh so good), black-eyed peas, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. There was mac n' cheese, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, pasta salad and a whole array of salad bar items including cold slaw, potato, and macaroni salad. Plenty of corn bread muffins and yeast rolls with real butter. Can't forget the homemade soup. And to top the meal off, there's a cabinet filled with a variety of desserts. Just help yourself.

Besides food, they do have a room dedicated to antiques in case someone is looking for that one unique piece. They also have a separate room for private parties.

The buffet is available for lunch and dinner. If you're not in the mood for buffet, they have a great selection of foods including steaks that can be ordered off the menu.