“Nonsmoking room smelt like smoke”
Review of Motel 6 Covington

Motel 6 Covington
Motel 6 Covington
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here on a Friday night due to ball tournament early on Saturday morning. Our room was $54 total. The room was clean and was recently renovated .the only complaint I do have is that we asked for a non-smoking room. The room had been smoked in . The staff members were nice and helpful.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2015

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. When we are in the area again we will be staying here. Front desk staff was very helpful with helping finding places to eat and shop. I would recommend you to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It wouldnt let me give it a '0' rating, or i would, The website didn't say anything about the pool being closed, when we got here, found out the pool is NEVER opened, because its not equipped for handicapped access, the toilet overflowed, the AC, had missing parts, so much more to mention about this CRAPPY place, :/ the continental breakfast, I WOULDN'T FEED MY DOG!!, one pissed, disappointed cookie here. & the price, awe LAWD!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed at this motel on my way to another state and experience was nice. The staff was helpful and kind. Will stay there again. The motel is next to a grocery store which is very helpful. Breakfast is severed every morning. Will recommend this motel to other friends.

Room Tip: Rooms better on second floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2011

When my wife first called to set up reservations, she was quoted one price. She waited for me to get home to discuss our choices and we opted for this hotel. She called back to confirm the reservations and was quoted a higher price. So I talked with the lady, and managed to actually get them to give us the previously quoted price. We required two rooms. Outside of not giving any kind of discount like most hotels; i.e. Military, Funeral, etc. The price was ok. Not the best, but ok. I was given the room numbers and I gave them the expected ETA. When we got there after having spent eight and half hours on the road. I was informed that through some ineptitude of the day personnel, (they couldn't get my card to authorize?) one of the rooms that we reserved was given away to someone else. But they had another room available on the other side of the hotel. And that room wasn't a double, but a single. With all the other hotels in town full, we had no choice but to make that work for eight people. The rooms weren't clean, the floors looked as if they hadn't been vaccumed in days. One room was a smoking room and there wasn't a single ash tray to be found. Then, no one in the one room could get any sleep because of all the birds outside chirping at 2 AM. Then when someone tried to use the bathroom, the toilet backed up and overflowed and a used condem came floating up. They took their time to correct the toilet issue, and then the lady that did come in gave attitude over being put out. There was also no internet service even though they said they had it. Two of the employees continued to bother us the next morning, trying to rush us to decide if we wanted to reserve the room for the next day and one of the employees used their key and went into my kids room (even though there was a do not disturb sign) while they were getting dressed. Obviously we decided to cut our trip short and stayed in our car for 4 hours until the funeral rather than stay in this hotel. When all was said and done, they didn't offer any kind of refund or real discount for all the issues we were put through. We were there for a funeral and were put through twice the grief.

Room Tip: Before using this hotel, consider camping.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family