“Terrible service by the server ”

Mulan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 125 Restaurants in Collierville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As much as I would like to give this place 4 stars for it’s flavors, I’ll give it a one for it’s terrible service. We were a party of four adults and three kids and were given a table almost instantly when we entered, inspite of the restaurant being a full house at the time. It was after about 25 minutes when my 7 year old son went up to the server and let her know that we were ready to order. She came to our table and took down our order in such a hurry that I had to remind her that she hasn’t taken all of our orders yet. We finally got our food 50 minutes after ordering!! When the food arrived, she had included a beef entree which we had ended up canceling at that very second when she took our order and had swapped the same for a chicken one. I let her know that we had ordered just the chicken entree and not the beef one. She responded quickly and LOUDLY showing us the order which she had written down. I had to tell her to stop yelling at me and that we had waited 50 minutes to get our food! After such behavior from the server and with 3 hungry kids getting restless, I would have liked to walk out, but it was close to 9pm already. She did end up taking the beef entree off our check and apologized for her behavior, saying she was overwhelmed with so many tables full at the restaurant.
SUGGESTION: Do Not accept customers if you’re unable to accommodate them! Customers are not punching bags for you to went out your inability to handle a packed restaurant and neither are they dining at your restaurant for free. They have other options to which they could put their money at. All in all, good food but terrible customer service.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Our relatives from out of town wanted Mulan since they enjoyed the food so much the last time they were here. We used Mulan’s online ordering system to simplify things...big mistake. The actual ordering process was easy....but unfortunately we found out it wasn’t reliable. We never received the email confirmation, so we called the restaurant to make sure they received the order. When the order arrived, we discovered what we received was only a variation. The receipt they brought matched what they delivered. It just didn’t match our online order. For example, chicken fried rice -no veggies, egg only ended up being no veggies or egg. The chicken with mixed veggies lunch special that includes egg roll and soup ended up being mixed veggies only...no chicken, soup or egg roll even though we paid for them. It also appears nothing in the notes section even made it to them. We called them to let them know the issue so that they were aware of the issue and so other customers wouldn’t have the same frustration. The female I spoke with didn’t care. In fact, she was in denial that there was an issue. She had an excuse for each issue and by the end, everything was our fault. She didn’t accept responsibility or even want to consider there was an issue with their ordering system. I could only take so much of her terrible attitude so I ended the call. There are way too many Asian restaurants in Collierville to put up with someone who doesn’t care about customer service - especially when the food is just mediocre.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was not half full. Had to wait for five minutes for someone to seat us. Sever brought soda and water. We ordered wine and 15-20 minutes later nothing. Servers walking by no eye contact. Out server seem to be circling doing nothing. Got up and left with server saying "I am here now". Will not go back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Placed an online order and waited over 1.5 hours. Phone lines either busy or got recording saying could not connect. Even tried calling their other location to see if there was a problem. That went directly to voicemail.

We had kids to feed so gave up and ordered pizza. Delivery person arrived after another 20 minutes had passed. My husband told him to send the food back. He was nice and said they were really busy. That was obvious but they had our phone number AND email from the order. All we needed was a heads up. Take care of your customers and they will be patient. Big fail.

1  Thank grits_are_good
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Overall, food was exactly what we expected. Quality was fine, quantity sufficient, no problems, except we paid a lot more than just any old Chinese restaurant. Delivery is convenient, but nothing special for almost double what we would have paid elsewhere. Really nothing exciting or special. We won't be back...to be honest, crab Rangoon and steamed dumplings were underwhelming, and it all left a bad taste in our mouth for the price