“Worst service/ management ever!!!!!”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #2 of 207 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our family stopped here to eat . The food was mediocre at best. One of my family had a problem with an order to go. They left part of the order out and when confronted about it the night time manager a man whose name started with an A told my wife in not so many words that they didn’t need our business after she told him we wouldn’t be back. They left out part of a desert order to go after we had paid for it. They didn’t offer to make it right or anything. Just a smart alec remark.

I do not recommend this place to eat! They have terrible customer service and management skills. We were spending several hundred dollars a month there. NOT ANY MORE!!
We will tell all of our friends and family of there poor handling of the problem.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family and I have eaten here three times. I would have given them a 3 star for their food. It is not great but it is not bad either. Their customer service however dropped my review to a 1 star. We bought a bunch of cake from them today, brownies, and a cookie. They left out one of the cakes which is no big deal, it happens,

However, when we called to tell them, they put my mom on hold and my mom kept getting passed around like a hot potato. Then when she finally spoke to someone who didn't toss her on, he told her he could not find her order and acted as if she was lying. Why would someone lie over a simple piece of cake?

We have a bank statement proving that we did. This upset mom a lot, she had already had a bad day and that employee was making it so much worse. she told him "You are acting like I am trying to steal a piece of cake when this was your teams mistake. I won't be back." then he told her "That's fine have a nice night." he did not care that THEIR Error caused her not to have what she ordered and the fact that they will not be back.

We use to tell people about their wide cake variety but now this is all any of us will think of. Not one of us will go back there.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

City Café has a very eclectic menu with a selection for most every appetite. The main entree's as well as the deserts are tasty and filling.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The thing I hate most about this place is the extensive menu! It’s so hard to decide what to eat because there are too many options! Plus, the portions are too big so you’re likely to have leftovers :)

This is one of our weekend go-to restaurants when we wake up late and want breakfast food. Our recent trip was on a Sunday, probably around 1pm. We tried Cracker Barrel first but the wait was 1 hour! We drove to City Cafe and it was only a 10 minute wait.

The best part about this place is that they are open 24 hours and serve a full menu. It’s great when you want a late night coffee and cake.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way through Cleveland, TN, and we were glad we did. They have an extensive menu, and although we only ordered two of those options, looking around at other’s tables, everything looked very good, and it was obvious from others in the restaurant, they were certainly enjoying their entrees. The Spinach Pie I ordered was great, and the meatloaf my wife ordered was equally good. Service was top rate as well. Add to that reasonably priced, and what’s not to like? Finally, their desserts looked incredible (but we didn’t have room for one since their serving sizes were very generous).