1,061 results
All reviews convention center the concierge lounge front desk free shuttle self park hotel restaurant valet parking outdoor pool electric shuttle staff was friendly lookout mountain downtown conference aquarium starbucks attractions linens
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We checked in Friday, August 31, 2018 and checked out September 3, 2018. I held the room on my card and before checking in and informed the Desk Clerk we would be paying with my spouses different card. My spouse paid for the room. We do this quite often, and have had no problems. After getting home and getting ready to pay bills, I realized they still had a hold on my card for the full amount of the bill. I call to talk to the manager about it and she was very rude. I was thinking Ltd I just wanted it free...NO NO NO It was already paid for. I just didn’t want to pay for it TWICE. She then said we probably had a 2nd room and wanted one free....NO if you checked your records you’d see we didn’t. Then I was told that it was probably my bank that was the problem. I went through my bank and they said Marriott had not allowed them to release the funds. The bank said NO it was on their part. And, my bank official called the hotel several times and was put on hold with no one coming to the phone. So, I get hit with late charges on several of my bills and loosing time from work to go to the bank. And, the room was left in the same shape we found it. We always straighten up and put trash in the proper receptacles. We tidy up to make sure we not leaving anything behind and I was taught not to leave messes. After the false accusations I will not be in your doors again. NO MA’AM MARRIOTT, I DONT WANT ANYTHING FROM YOU. By the way, we were put in a room that had a shower only, the bathroom didn’t seem clean, and the pool was Filthy. The main reason why we booked that hotel was bc of the indoor pool. We were heading into the pool room and the maintenance guy told us we couldn’t swim because it was so dirty they were having to close it down for a day.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 261mariettah
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am so sorry to hear about the issues for your stay. Our staff is committed to providing a clean hotel with excellent service and it's clear that we missed the mark for your stay. I am unfamiliar with this series of incidents and would love to talk with you about your experience. If you have a few minutes, please reach out to me at the hotel. The satisfaction for our guests is omnipotent to our success and I want to make sure we are doing everything possible to achieve this goal.

William S./Director of Rooms
(423) 756-0002

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We try to stay here if in town for Tennis. Great access to downtown restaurants. Staff at hotel is always excellent and the valet group exceeds expectations each time we visit. Outdoor pool was closed for renovations so that was a downer but everything else was great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 567barbm
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Barb,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. We apologize for our outdoor pool being unavailable, however we do have the indoor pool as an option for your stays in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling on business and had the opportunity to visit Chattanooga recently, and stayed at the downtown Marriott. Really quite a nice hotel. Centrally located to most of downtown activities, very upscale interior, and very well appointed rooms. This hotel feels like one from a much larger city, but clearly it’s a bit of a center node in the Chattanooga conference scene as I noted the incredible size of the facility, and the vast number of people coming and going all day long. Really a great hotel, and when I plan to stay at again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Scott,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Chattanooga. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to review our hotel. Chattanooga is a wonderful city and easy to explore from our hotel - leave the car in our garage and take the complimentary shuttle downtown to shops, restaurants, the Aquarium and of course the Riverfront! We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Courteous , professional, outstanding and very help staff in the entire hotel. Staff goes out of the way to help the customers and provide all the help and guidance needed.
Prompt response to any customer requests.

Room Tip: Best view of the city with mountains, easy accessibility and quite even though in downtown.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Dinesh,

Thank you for your patronage and the kind words about our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

It's been a few years since staying here and have to say this was even better than before. First...Room very clean, nice and cool in there, king size bed was great, and the shower in the bathroom is magnificent! Like anywhere when staying in downtown Chattanooga you will pay to park either self or valet...Valet guys were very personable and even gave me a VIP card for 20% off a meal at restaurant. Heated inside pool was enjoyable...A couple of drinks at the bar capped off the night...Can't say enough of how much we enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Got a great deal through Priceline
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TrvlMC001, Director of Sales at Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi jon c -

Thank you for you're review on our staff and accommodations here at the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown. We are thrilled to learn that you had another great stay with us this past week while in Chattanooga. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,