“Celebrating Valentine's”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marietta, Georgia
“Celebrating Valentine's”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I and sixteen other couples came to Chattanoga to celebrate Valentine's Day. We all had a great time! The staff was very prompt in checking everyone in and giving out "hot" cookies. We used one of the conference room for our "Not So Newly Wed" game.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Usually I have complaints at hotels, but this stay at this hotel was one of the most relaxed and laid back. Check in as well as checkout was extremely simple.This is the most relaxed I have ever been at a hotel anywhere. The room was quiet, very clean and very thoughtfully appointed. I cannot say enough about the staff, which were very helpful, but very unobtrusive as they could have possibly been. I recommend this establishment as often as I can, and I work in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cmezo70
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The Doubletree in downtown Chattanooga is a newly remodeled hotel that’s easy to get to off of Highway 27. Looking at the New Age light fixtures and wall coverings, along with the meeting rooms with names like “Enlightenment”, “Wisdom”, and “Vision”, I thought I had checked into the Hotel California. However, unlike the Hotel California, you can always leave the Doubletree.

All the staff I encountered, from the valet and front desk clerk, to the waiters in the dining room, were very friendly and accommodating. As an example, when I couldn’t find raisins for my morning oatmeal at the breakfast bar, an attendant asked me if needed something and then went back to the kitchen to locate some for me.

My room was tastely decorated in a modern motif, and very clean. The entire hotel was spotless. This was my first time staying at this hotel, but I’ll definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Nashville
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was a good hotel in a good location. The staff was really friendly and it stood out. The hotel is pretty and clean. No complaints and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the Hilton Honors floor but if there was an advantage it was not obvious or mentioned to...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Hartwell, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Well appointed, very clean rooms, very friendly staff... went above and beyond to make our stay in Chattanooga great! Attendant offered and shuttled us over to our restaurant one night to keep us out of the rain... great service. Great location to get to all the major attractions.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family