“Oxtails are fabulous”
Review of Embargo '62

Embargo '62
Ranked #121 of 902 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We keep coming back to this restaurant when we are in town. The food is always tasty. They have a great patio (covered) and I prefer to sit outside if able. There are a few tables inside. Today we had the ham croquettas for an appetizer. They were quite tasty...just not enough of them! Ken had the steak sandwich (pan con bistec) and fried plantains which were good. I tried the oxtails and this was the best dish yet! Reminded me of short ribs from the slow cooker...but with much more flavor. The sauce was fantastic and went well with the sautéed veges and sweet plantains. If you eat rice, this would be a great side for this dish.
Two thumbs up for the oxtails.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Late lunch on a Friday & was so happy we chose this cute little Cuban restaurant! 3 delicious spicy beef tacos for $5, great mojitas to wash them down and then the entree to die for!
Can't wait for another excuse to get back to Chattanooga!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with my daughter as she hasn't eaten at Embargo 62 before. We started with happy hour mohitos. They tasted very good, BUT not much "happy," these drinks do not appear to have what you would expect in terms of rum.

We split the appetizer Sampler which had interesting items on it such as an empanadas, fried yucca marinated fried pork chunks and ham croquettes. Kind of pricey at $15 for the amount you get. Maybe if it had two empanadas instead of just one it would be a fair price?

We each had a Cuban sandwich which was very good. I've never been to Cuba, or even Little Havana...but it's the best I've had anywhere.

The service was very good and the server offered to describe the different dishes, and to answer questions.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Hate to give this place a bad review because the restaurant itself is super cool and has tons of character BUT the food was not good at all, everything tasted microwaved. The mojito was not strong and actually came watered down and not even chilled (more like luke warm). I had the club miami sandwich and would have much rather had fast food. My friend had the shrimp, rice, and plantains and it was all very average and not fresh tasting... if i visit again it will be for the rum.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Spent the afternoon sipping perfect mojitos and sampling the fabulous tacos. Service was friendly and on point. I see myself becoming a regular.