“Glad we stopped ”

The Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe
Ranked #26 of 888 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: A cozy little BBQ restaurant next to the incline railway at the foot of Lookout Mountain.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I had the piglets and chips which were just the right amount of food. My friends had smoked meatloaf and chicken salad and they really liked both meals. Fruit tea was excellent and so was the the service. The place is quirky and adorable and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The best stuffed potato ever! Got it with the babrbecue pork, so yummy and huge! Very attentive and helpful waitress. Casual, laid back and quirky environment. No coffee.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Located in the St. Elmo area, this simple and friendly restaurant serves excellent food with notably friendly service. The atmosphere is simple and very local, which reflects the personal service and good food that is served. The BBQ sandwich is large and tasty with different sauces provided so that you can customize your entree. I had not had Brunswick stew and the waitress provided me with a sample. Simply excellent! Fresh vegetables and BBQ swimming in a tasty sea of broth. I should have had a second bowl!

This is a family friendly place with a casual atmosphere. Good parking is available.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

A quaint, slightly hippie café in a small setting at the bottom of the mountain. Some indoor and outdoor seating, but it appears that lots of folks get food to-go. Our server was very friendly and especially helpful with our two toddlers. Southern hospitality at its best!

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by a local guide we had at Ruby Falls so we stopped by for lunch. I had the “stuffed potato” which was incredible! It was so tasty and very filling. Another recommendation was the Fruit Tea which was pineapple juice, mint, and iced tea and it was very refreshing. My family wanted desert so we had the banana pudding and it was made with real bananas and also worth it.