“A taste of the Caribbean in Chattanooga”

Mrs. B's Reggae Cafe
Ranked #86 of 902 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Mrs. B's Reggae Cafe is a place that we found by accident and, I must admit, the Jamaican cuisine seemed a bit out of place. From the outside, I would swear that I have seen buildings that look just like that from my travels throughout the Caribbean. Once inside we were seated quickly. We ordered the jerk chicken and fried plantains and split the meal. The only thing missing was the fire dancers on the beach, but we'll forgive Mrs. B's.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Everyone was so nice, with Jamaican music playing we ordered our food; Jerk Chicken and Vegetable Curry, it was so good We had to try their homemade Rum Cake...that put it over the top! We will be back!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We recently stopped in Mrs. B's for lunch. The food was really good and authentic (a little on the spicy side, if that's your thing!). We got take-out, and it did a fairly long time to get our order. I'm sure that was because some of it was made to order -- just know that it's not a "quick thing" when you go. It looked like a total dive on the outside, but often that's how you find the best local spots! Would recommend if you like spicy Jamaican!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I thought the food in Mrs. B's was delicious and the owner of Mrs. B's is a really friendly person and I think Mrs. B's restaurant really seems like a local restaurant in Jamaica might look. I'm really glad to know about Mrs. B's Reggae Cafe of Chattanooga!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have heard good things about Mrs. B’s so I and a couple of friends decided to try it. The restaurant is clean and quaint with a bright feeling. The food was very delicious. There is of course Jerk chicken and pork but there are also other unique meals such as Ackee and Saltfish and curry dishes. I had the Spicy Jamaican Curry Goat and it was fabulous. It wasn’t as spicy as I thought, just right. I had it over rice. My friend had the Ackee and Saltfish, which I tried and it was also good. Oh and try the fried Plantains, very good. Next time I will try the braised Oxtails. They serve beer but if you want wine you can bring the bottle for a small corking fee.