“Mouth Watering Good!!”

Mrs. B's Reggae Cafe
Ranked #102 of 864 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

We had an awesome much at Mrs. B's. We all ordered something different so we got to sample a lot of the things on menu. I had the oxtail which was tender and very flavorful. My hubby had the special of sweet and sour pork. It was really tasty. We were also able to try the snapper which was flaky and most. We really wanted to try dessert as it looked wonderful but we were stuffed!!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Our group of women visited Mrs. B's on a Tuesday night to find it unusually packed and with live music on one side of the room--apparently it was a jazz night with a special menu. We were still able to order off the regular menu and that is what we all ended up doing. I started with the lollipop wings, which were fun to eat, but mostly I just tasted the hot spices. Then when I got the jerk chicken I ordered for an entree it was basically the same thing, so that was a bit disappointing. But it was good food, I'm just not a fan of meals that make my lips go numb. I had previously tried the shrimp curry on white rice and liked that much better--5-6 large prawns and loads of julienne vegetables in a surprisingly not spicy curry sauce over what was probably basmati rice. Some of the sides may take some explaining: callaloo is a type of greens and festivals are similar to hushpuppies. I had the festivals and fried plantains and I liked both of those quite a lot. The festivals weren't piping hot, and they'd be a bit better if they were, but they were still good. I also drank a ginger beer (non-alcoholic) and it is *very* gingery. I like it that way, but be aware. Also while I didn't try the desserts on this trip, they looked really amazing in the case.

While I really enjoyed the jazz trio--bass, keys, & sax--it was a bit loud for such a small room. I attempted to get them to seat us farther away, but no go--they had booked all the tables, apparently. I'm glad to see them doing well, I'm all for variety in the restaurant offerings in Chattanooga, even if I don't particularly care for the cuisine itself. Also, after been there for a couple of hours, all my clothes needed to be washed because of the smell from the kitchen. Not that it was bad in the restaurant, but once I got home I really noticed it. Just a consequence of a small building, not really a big deal. I hope they do well.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

We dined here one evening, because we love great ethnic food and this place got raving reviews on TripAdvisor!

Spouse had the Saturday special Spicy Curried Goat $17.00 and I had the Saturday special Rib plate $13.99 - you get 6 ribs with very tender meat. Both came with 2 sides. I tried the Festivals (tasted like hush puppies, but better) and the Callaloo (not my favorite) Spouse had the fried Plantains & Jamaican cole slaw.

Everything was delicious - we didn't even have room for any dessert (which was prominently displayed in a bakery case) You are paying for the food, but not for ambiance. Place is very clean, but not a fancy. If you want excellent Jamaican food - this IS the place to come!

Reviewed 23 April 2015

My wife and I ate there in December and the food (sampler platter ) was really good. We returned
In March and it was not nearly as good. We were told they had run out of some items and we got their subs........

Reviewed 2 March 2015

My husband and I have been twice now. We haven't had anything we didn't like. The last time we got the sample platter, and couldn't finish it. Everything has had the right amount of spices, nothing too spicy. The curried goat was wonderful, and I loved the jerk chicken sandwich. It was very tender and the bread soft and perfect. We will be back as soon as possible.