All reviews convention center gated parking lot living room small kitchen social hour sized fridge full kitchen free laundry directly across the street hot breakfast waffles front desk staff nice stay would stay again convenient location short drive sitting area
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My room was great and clean, the hotel was right next to the convention center, so I could just walk over with out driving. Breakfast bar was great also, the stsff was helpful and awesome. I will stay with them again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was delicious and better than I've had at many other hotels. We dined at Rodizio Grill (I also highly recommend them) and caught a movie. Everything was near the hotel (and the Tennessee Aquarium). We'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Molly M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to enjoy the local Downtown area as well. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I liked everything about this hotel except our room (216) smelled like mold. I was only staying one night and I wasn't at the hotel much so I didn't have time to address it with the staff. I did try to contact the hotel a few days later and the email on the website was no good. Same thing with the email listed on the parent companies website.
I prefer email because I don't have time to sit waiting on the phone. Very unprofessional.

After looking at other reviews I realize this issue with the mold smell has been going on for years. I found reviews on here dating back to 2012. The management responses are pretty sad as well. Just telling people sorry is not the way to address the problem.

Obviously, it's not all the rooms, but it's clearly a problem with some rooms and has not been solved.

Everything else about the hotel was great. Wifi worked well, nice indoor pool, fitness facilities, etc. I would go back, but not in the same room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. We have now changed the e-mail address on the website to someone at the property, so that issue should be resolved now. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We also have since performed routine maintenance on your room to fix the smell that you encountered. We appreciate feedback such as this so that we can work to improve the experience of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Chattanooga!

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Went with my family on a trip to Chattanooga. Stayed here because of the room layout -separate bed and living area. It was a little confusing knowing where to park to check in-asked an employee who was sweeping out front and he was very rude. Not a good first impression. Check in was relatively quick. Parking was in a side lot and connected to the hotel (fee per day). The room was fine initially. However the first night at 1am our smoke detector went off and kept going off. Once we removed the battery, it continued to beep. We called the front desk and they informed us they had no one to come at that hour but they would call our room in case of any fire emergencies. At 8am maintenance came knocking and knocking and knocking. We told him we were not yet up and he said he would come back-he did not. Later on that night, we noticed the microwave was pitch black; tried to use it and nothing. Called downstairs and was told once again that no one was there at that time and they would check on it in the morning. They offered the microwave downstairs which was a slight inconvenience. The front desk guy was very apologetic and I explained to him as well about being woken up at 8am. The next am when we left I reminded them about the smoke alarm and the microwave. While we were out and about received a call that the microwave could not be fixed and it would take days to receive one and we could continue to use the one downstairs. The smoke alarm was fixed however. She too was very apologetic. The part of the bathroom where the toilet is was way too small-u couldn't shut the door and sit at the same time. Also the hot water in the sink did not work the whole trip. We enjoyed the free social hour two out of the four days we were there. The breakfast was just ok. We enjoyed the pool and hottub. It's not as close to downtown as I would have liked but it was short walk through the convention center to catch the free downtown shuttle.

Stayed: July 2018
Molly M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry that you encountered so many maintenance issues throughout your stay and that we weren't able to fix the microwave while you were here. I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy many of our amenities and use the free shuttle to the heart of downtown!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We were at a convention next door and the Staybridge was so convenient. It wasn't fancy but it provided a nice home away from home for the week. Suites were comfy and the breakfast buffet was such a bonus for our family.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

We are so glad that you and your family were able to stay with us and enjoy our amenities and the convenience to the convention center!