“1st time to ever write a review”

Staybridge Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is my first time to write a review. I always read the reviews before I stay at a hotel. I have never written one. When we stayed at Staybridge it was such a nice stay. From front desk to the breakfast host the room attendents work really hard and it shows. The rooms were really really clean no joke I have stayed with alot of hotels this one was the cleanest. If you are looking for a hotel that really cares and take pride this one is it and it shows. Keep up the GREAT work staff. Thanks for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: They do let pets stay there but you would not know it the rooms are really clean great smell.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy f

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We spent one night here, and it was an outstanding choice. The room was perfect, and it even had 2 flat screen tv's. The breakfast was lavish and fresh. The staff was friendly and courteous. This one is a winner.

Room Tip: Try to stay close to the elevators; the rooms sort of wander around. We went down the stairs once b...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have been here for two weeks due to a fire involving my condo in Chattanooga. The staff is very helpful and extremely nice. I have a one bedroom suite and is all I need for my stay.
I have traveled Mexico and Caribbean for many years and especially Mexican resorts are very clean..I can say the same for this Hotel..A lot of times in the US I have found that the floors are dirty, linens worn and generally not up to par unless one is staying @ a 4/5 star hotel, not the case here. The breakfast is very good with many items to choose from. Parking is free and gated. You are only around eight blocks from the River walk in downtown Chattanooga.
Have a nice gym with indoor heated pool and hot tub.
I am a Chattanoogan and I would recommend this hotel to visitors.

Room Tip: Always ask to look @ the room and if not satisfied most of the time your needs will be considered.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bettina88_10
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I've never stayed at a "Staybridge" property before. Having traveled 55 countries & every state but one (one day Alaska...one day), thats saying something. I'm not even sure I've heard of this chain before Chattanooga. Well, I've been exposed and I like what we experienced! Stayed here with my family and we loved it! Clean rooms (the most important to us), everything updated and new, extremely family friendly, a very large breakfast area with lots of sunshine coming in through a wall of glass, a fireplace, a library area with games, buffet style set-up with the solution to one of my most critiqued negatives at hotels: their breakfast set-up that requires people wait or stumble over each other, and important for me: a weight room where their are actually weights (dumb-bells & an all-round weight machine). It has a large indoor pool and jacuzzi that I would describe as "great" (most aren't). The staff was extremely friendly which I will always believe reflects the current management over the name of the hotel chain. The parking inside a fence that closes behind you is superb! You can do better if you are looking for a hotel near everything downtown, but this isn't that far, as it is on the edge of downtown. You cannot do better if you are looking for something near the convention center, which is across the side street from the front door. This is a great hotel and when we are back in Chattanooga I'll just make a beeline for Staybridge Suites Downtown (more accurately "near Downtown"). By the way...Chattanooga is an absolutely revitalized hidden jewel in the USA! We love downtown, the arts district, the coffee shop on the corner near the arts district, the large horse made of driftwood (only the driftwood is disguised bronze), really cool and unique restaurants, and the walk bridge across the river to the other side (my favorite). If you have a young child, do ride the Carousel that the city built a building just to house it (its the largest carousel I've ever seen). As a very young child decades ago, I took a Mississippi River cruise on the Delta Queen in New Orleans. Imagine my astonished look to find that exact riverboat docked in....Chattanooga! How it got to Chattanooga, well, the curators can tell you the story! Don't miss touring it for a small fee. You can spend the night in one of their suites onboard as well, but we have not done that yet. One thing to AVOID: the "jet boat tour" that I will put in the category of "tourist trap", as it stops so much that it isn't worth it (has to stop at every log, or passing another boat, or etc).... too long.... too little to see...and you feel stuck. My opinion. My highlights last trip: The two bridges: Staybridge Suites and the pedestrian bridge across the river. Can't go wrong if you do both! Ugh...this keeps going because this city has so much...I failed to mention... the largest aquarium in the USA...yep, Chattanooga has that too! Hope this helps!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank David D
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Five of us stayed at the Staybridge on Thanksgiving night. We had a two bedroom suite. One bedroom had one double bed and the other had two double beds. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom. There was a small living room with a sofa, arm chair, and a small table with two chairs. There was a TV in the living room and each bedroom. There was a really nice size balcony off the living room. Check in was easy and both of the ladies that we encountered at the front desk were very friendly and helpful! It was very clean. The kitchen has a full size fridge, a double eye stove, a microwave and a full size coffee pot. If I have to go back to Chattanooga I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family