“Loved it, but where's the fridge?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Georgia
“Loved it, but where's the fridge?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

After much searching (I called with a lot of questions about the rooms & Tony was very helpful) a friend & I decided to stay here to be as close to the attractions as possible for an overnight visit to the aquarium. It was totally worth the splurge for the balcony. We got a 5th floor double queen with a great view of the aquarium and the river. Check in went smoothly and they had the items I had requested upon check in. You can't get any closer to downtown & all it has to offer. We dined within walking distance and felt safe and did not experience any panhandling in the downtown areas. The next morning our bill was under the door we when awoke & check out went just as smoothly. You have to pay & park in the garage next to the hotel, but it's added to your bill so it's not that big of a deal or difficult. My only complaint was there was no mini fridge which was listed as one of the amenities for the room. Overall I would recommend it for the price & quality.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ScarlettOScara
aande755, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear ScarletteOScara,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We definitely appreciate all feedback, as it helps us better serve all of our guests.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the riverview and balcony! We do have mini-fridges in each guest room, located in the credenza underneath the TV. I apologize that you weren't able to utilize it during your stay. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay and that is our goal.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott on your trip to our beautiful city. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Leah Johnston
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We usually stay at Hilton Hotels - they're about the same money and the linens, service, and comfort of the rooms are much better. But in Chattanooga, we wanted to be right next door to the aquarium, so we booked into the Courtyard by Marriott. While the beds and the size of the room were a little disappointing (we stayed in a suite with a balcony), I was impressed with the view of the river and aquarium. It really was lovely.

My kids enjoyed the pool, and we like sitting around the fire pit in the coutryard. Didn't order room service, but I loved that several nearby restaurants delivered to the room.

I'd recommend it again - but if you're particular, bring your own pillows and an extra blanket. ;)

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room with a river view. It's the best thing this hotel has to offer!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kris10house
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I am a Marriott Gold Member and stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties. I checked into the hotel late, around 10 p.m. On my profile, I always request a high floor room away from elevators. Upon check-in I was given a room on the ground floor, essentially in the hotel's lobby across from their indoor pool, next to their arcade area and right behind the front desk check in area. I might as well have just slept on the couches in the lobby, as that's how close I was to them. I complained about the initial room I was given and was then given a handicapped accessible room, which wasn't any better as it was close to the elevator with all kinds of assistance bars, etc, which I trust are very helpful if your handicapped, but not what I was looking for. At this point, not wanting to move a third time, I just dealt with it. My issue with the hotel is that they didn't honor my room preference request and the front desk staff didn't forewarn me each time about the room I was going to be being given. (lobby level, handicapped, etc) If your going to stick me in a crap room, at least give me a heads up about it and apologize about it, but don't play me for a dummy and after I complain try to sell me on how great the room is. My stay at the hotel was short (1 night) and I was in and out fairly quickly so can't really comment on the other amenities of the hotel, but I certainly won't be back and certainly didn't appreciate the manager's snooty comment to me about how busy their hotel is with platinum travelers and how the first floor room outside the lobby is a good room. Maybe if you are the hotel manager and essentially want to sleep in your office its a good room. The property has seven floors and 128 rooms/suites, so I left the hotel with the sense that unless you are a platinum Marriott member, you wont get a decent room. If your staying at this hotel and have no status with Marriott and are checking in late, I would be very concerned that you will get a sub-par room. As a Marriott gold member this was my experience.

Room Tip: Arrive early, be a platinum Marriott Member, otherwise stay at your own risk.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
aande755, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear TravelPro4U,

On behalf of the staff at the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard, I would like to sincerely apologize for how you feel you were treated during your stay with us. Our goal is to make every guest feel as though they are the most important guest in the hotel. We definitely failed you on this stay.

We appreciate all comments about our hotel, it helps us learn and provide better service in the future. We have used your comments as a training tool with the front desk associates to ensure another guest does not experience what you did, as I am sure it was very frustrating.

Again, I empathize with your experience and hope that if your travels bring you back to our beautiful city, you will give us a second chance to truly WOW you and exceed your expectaions.

Leah Johnston
Operations Manager
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We used the hot tub and the room, and it was nice, clean and without much incident. Their wifi gateway didn't work with my phone, and the stupid support system requires email and a 24 hour wait (which of course you can't use if you can't connect to the internet).

I've never understood why hotels think they have to have you agree to some stupid terms of service agreement to use the internet. If that hadn't been in place, I could have done what I needed.

Tried using the internet in the business center but they have loaded some kind of crapware onto the machines so that they are slow as molasses even bringing up the weather.

The Concierge luckily didn't have to use the business center systems and was very helpful with both dining and maps.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I went to Chattanooga just to get away overnight. We wanted to be close to the Riverfront for the music and the restaurants. This hotel is wonderfully located; literally surrounded by everything that's going on downtown.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I highly recommend it. Parking is limited in Chattanooga, but the hotel has a garage right around the corner for $8 per day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple