“Fantastic Eatery - Can't wait to go back”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 896 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This spot came highly recommended to us and my wife and I really enjoyed it. The food was out of this world and our server Matt was second to none. One of the finest restaurants we've been to in quite awhile. Highly recommend this spot.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is really good place to take out of town guest..good wait staff...very knowledgeable.....varied menu...variety of choices for vegetarians....seafood,chicken,shrimp & grits..everyone ordered a different menu item...excellent

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Came to Chattanooga for couples getaway, and found this restaurant. Phenomenal service provided, including suggestions of her favorites. Ambiance of downtown and quality of food are top notch.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Public house is just the right place to take out of town guests, with the upscale feel, southern menu items, and overall classy experience from the knowledgeable staff to the delicious food. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Staying in Chattanooga for a convention. I asked the front desk clerk whether to eat at Public House or another restaurant for dinner. He replied with hesitation PH. I then walked several blocks to sit down to a nice meal. (I suggest walking around downtown Chattanooga because it is a well done downtown.)

I was seated fairly quickly probably because I was there at 6. Waiter brought me a liter of water and I ordered the chicken and macaroni and cheese. Both the chicken and mc were good. The chicken was moist which was surprising because most restaurants dry out the white meat. The waiter told me that PH places the chicken is a tea and salt brine overnight. The Mac and cheese was very good. It had a smokey flavor.

Service was prompt and the food was good. I would go back.