All reviews rooftop bar floor to ceiling windows john portman peet's coffee laser show beautiful hotel mountain view valet parking is bell hop platinum member upscale hotel top floor corner room heated pool rooms are great valet service overnight trip
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We stayed Saturday and Sunday night this past weekend for our one year anniversary and had a great stay. The room was comfortable and spacious and seriously has one of the best showers ever (sounds stupid but its true!). The hotel was clean and everyone we came in contact with was friendly. The commissary had a great selection of sandwiches for a quick bite to eat and were all reasonably priced, as well as a great selection of alcoholic beverages. The pool area might be a bit much for a couple looking to relax (kids screaming and doing cannonballs) but that's just my opinion. The only negative I have was the rooftop bar. If we would have sat at the bar I have no doubt our experience would have been different (the bartender was on point and very personable when I spoke to him) but waiting 5+ minutes for two drinks from a waitress that was obviously less than thrilled to be there made us go elsewhere. Plus $30+ for two drinks was a little much, even for a hotel bar. Overall we had a great stay and its central location made it very easy to get around downtown. Definitely worth the price!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom U, General Manager at The Westin Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Hi jjossey0015

Thank you for staying with us during the recent holiday weekend - and happy anniversary!! We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for your experience in our lounge, and I will share those comments with our food and beverage management team to review and address. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I had a high expectation towards The Westin chain, but I felt nothing else but disappointment. Because we have 2 dogs with us, we put the do not disturb sign all the time expect while we brought them out. We requested for a housekeeping at around 2 pm (Dogs are out and do not disturb sign off) and while we are back at 6 pm, it still hasn't been done yet. I called the concierge and told them about it, they didn't say anything, then I said just gave me some clean towels. I waited at the room for almost an hour, nothing. While I was back from dinner, I requested to talked to their duty manager, but what she said is just B.S to cover up for her team. She said they are busy so cannot clean my room in a 4 hours time frame (so they need 8 hours while they're busy?) and while they sent the towels to my room there's a DND sign on. I said I waited an hour for it to arrive!! They offered us a free drink at the rooftop bar which is another disaster. I need to emphasize that they were NOT BUSY while we arrive. We waited at the door for about 10 min, no one showing us to the seat, so we picked a seat ourselves. Then we waived our hands to their servers, no response. Waited another 15 min still no one offered any service to us, so we left very disappointed. If you want to experience a total ignorance, go to their rooftop bar.

I really thought The Westin, such a luxury hotel chain, will offer a better service. This is a long labor day weekend, I understand it could be busy, but I think this is also your job to ensure you have enough manpower to maintain an efficient service to your customers. I have been to a lot of SPG chain hotels, and this is so far the worst and upsetting experience I have ever encountered.
Pros:
1. Staffs are friendly in general (Only reason I am giving them 2 stars not 1)
2. Excellent location
3. Pet friendly, no breed and weight restriction, and pet stay free which is a big plus

Cons:
1. You can hear the Church bell ringing at night, which is disturbing to light sleeper
2. Their system messed up SPG member status, they didn't know we are platinum member, so no upgraded WIFI and complimentary breakfast was offered upon check in (but this one I don't think the staff is at fault)
3. Our room key card been deactivated suddenly, so we need to go down and get it fixed after an exhausted day

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom U, General Manager at The Westin Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Checkque

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. I sincerely apologize for your frustrations with our housekeeping department, as well as the food and beverage experience that you mention. I have shared your comments with our management team for them to follow up on. We appreciate your business very much and I am sorry that your experience this weekend was not a more enjoyable one. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

THE WESTIN CHATTANOOGA has to be one of the top hotels I have stayed at. The staff goes out of their way to see that everything you need, or want, is there for you. Lori Jenkins, in sales, rocks! She always takes care of my needs and anyone traveling with me.

Room tip: Ask for rooms facing downtown
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tom U, General Manager at The Westin Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Hi janice s

We often hear similar positive comments with regard to Lori in our sales office. I have shared your comments with our team. We appreciate your review and thank you for recognizing Lori's efforts. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The Westin is a great addition to the downtown Chattanooga area! Customer service from checkin to the quick service was seamless and professional. Will definitely return to this hotel when I the area again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Tom U, General Manager at The Westin Chattanooga, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi ryang003

Thank you for your review. Your comments are appreciated and I'll share them with our team today. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to get together with friends or coworkers for a nice drink. They have a great bar on the top level and also some great places to mingle in the lobby. Prices are moderate with drinks ranging from $8-12. Highly recommended for a change pace.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Andrea T

Thank you for visiting our rooftop Alchemy Lounge. We appreciate your positive comments and we're glad to see that your group enjoyed their visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.