“Clean but needs work” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bartlett
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States
“Clean but needs work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

You get what you pay for. This hotel was about half the price of nearby hotels but... While it is generally clean it has a long way to go. The room we had is in badly need of paint with marks all over the walls. The bathroom is one of the worst I've seen with no place to put things and little place to hang towels. In the "kitchen" there were few things you could use like dishes and silverware. We had to ask for bowls to eat cereal out of and it only had one coffee cup and only one set of silverware and only one pan to cook in. They provided additional dishes and silverware when we asked for it. They provide no paper towels or tissues and the bathroom amenities are minimal. There is no place to put your suitcase other than the bed or floor. Thank heavens we had no bed bugs. To sum it up, we stayed the 5 nights we paid for but we'll not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Avi P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stowe, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

It is what it is. The rooms are very small if there are more than 2 people in them, but the 4 of us stayed for almost 2 weeks for less than 1/2 the price somewhere else. The room was clean. The stove, sink, microwave, and refrigerator worked so we didn't have to eat out every meal - saved us more money.
Housekeeping is only once a week, unless you want to pay extra, but they did a good job.
The concrete is the dirtiest, we had to wash the kids feet every time they came in the room, and the shower floor got black footprints that wouldn't come off. Don't know what that dirt was.
It was quieter than I expected, and nothing was stolen, car wasn't broken into - which is saying a lot for Memphis.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank thorik
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

The rooms are extremely small. It's very small for an extended stay. If you are claustraphobic, this would not be a hotel for you. First of all, I asked for a cart so I could take my things to the 3rd floor. They don't have one. Now I just out of my apt so I have a lot of things. I had to carry all my things 1 by 1 to my room. They did have an elevator but after a few trips back and forth from my car to the room, the power went out. So I had to use the stairs which is located all the way on the opposite side of the building. The room had a very small kitchen area with a mini fridge, mini microwave, and mini sink. There was no tub, only a shower. It has a window AC/heat unit. The pillows were very flat. The bed was not comfortable. It did have a lot of cable channels which I loved. Housekeeping only comes once a week. You have to go all the way to the office to get a change of towels. The staff was nice. Overall the stay was average.

• Stayed November 2010
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

I read some of the other reviews, and am shocked at the negativity. I only imagine the hotel received these reviews and have since made a better effort. We stayed one night in May 2009 during a spur of the moment trip to Memphis. For the price, we found it to be excellent. Our room was very clean, the outside seemed well maintained. Remember this is an extended stay motel so it does have an apartment feel outside. The room was a good size, bathroom was very clean and well stocked. I hope you give this place a shot, we would definately stay there again. The area was nice too, I felt safe there and you can also bring pets here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MrsPerfectWife
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

This place is horrible. I'm sitting here now typing this out because it is so bad. Got the room on Priceline (shame on priceline for calling this a 2 star motel) - it is a NO star! Room is filthy, smells like cheap cigars, has bugs, stains, UGHH!! I don't have any faith using priceline for a 2 star hotel anymore - at least not in Memphis. I'm embarassed to be staying at this place - NEVER AGAIN!! Please, do yourself a favor - don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank will_the_thrill

Travellers are raving about these Bartlett hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
2.2 km away
2.7 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
5.8 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Bartlett? Share your experiences!