All reviews buffalo wild wings great hotel parking lot easy access within walking distance in town large room excellent stay hot breakfast would definitely stay here again up to date the breakfast area fitness center comfortable bed rooms are clean great breakfast cookies
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Another great stay at the Hampton Inn.

I live in Seattle, but I have family in this area of SD/MN that I visit yearly. I always choose this hotel as it’s the nicest hotel in Watertown.

The hotel is in a great location just off of the freeway near a cluster of restaurants and a 24 hour Super Wal-Mart with a grocery store inside. I ordered carry-out from Applebee’s and from Wild Wings…. Wild Wings is open quite late which is nice. Despite your feelings on Wal-Mart, the store is quite handy to have nearby and open 24 hours. Very convenient area.

I was happy to find that the property is holding up quite nicely. Hopefully management stays on top of things as the hotel is just starting to show slight signs of wear & tear.

The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I chose the King Study (room 424) for this stay and was quite happy with that setup. The only thing that really bothers me is the strange mirrored door on that the designer choose to use for the closet door lol. Not sure why they thought that was a wise choice. There is a microwave and mini-fridge inside this style of room. It seems the even numbered rooms provide a view of the town and the odd numbered rooms provide a view of the freeway/art museum.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

I left a daily note for housekeeping as I was only staying for a few days and didn’t always need my sheets changed out. They obliged by completing a turn down service as an alternative and tidying up the room. Don’t forget to tip!

During your stay I suggest parking at the rear entrance of the hotel. There are less vehicles parked back there and there is an back entrance with easy access to the elevators. Just remember to have your key on hand as the back entrance requires you to swipe your key card for entry.

The pool is often overrun with families and unsupervised kids. I am always a bit surprised that the hotel doesn’t make more of an effort to ensure the kids in the pool area are being supervised by their parents… I just avoid the chaotic pool altogether lol. Another problem is that the kids don’t dry off in the pool are and instead drip water all throughout the lobby and into the elevator. What a mess!

On the other hand, the fitness studio is sufficient enough and often empty.

There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning and I believe they leave coffee, tea, and hot chocolate out 24/7.

Anyhow, I highly recommend choosing this hotel if you are staying in the area.

Room tip: Even rooms provide a "town" view!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gqjustin
GM_WatertownHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

We really appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. We love being within walking distance of so many food options...and Walmart. Housekeeping often gets overlooked, so on behalf of our housekeeping team, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit from Seattle to visit relatives in the Watertown, SD area Justin. Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

This property is without question, the best hotel in town! A co-worker stays here frequently and his recommendation was greatly appreciated. The staff was very helpful, the room was spotless and the complimentary breakfast was great..I really liked the gourmet cooffee that they served.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Wc P
GM_WatertownHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thanks, I love our coffee too. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

As with many chain hotels, there are the required things in order to meet the standards. This property checks off all the boxes. The check boxes only allow for a 3 star review in my opinion. The staff was always polite and friendly which gives a 4th point. However when myself and many others in the group asked for a late check out, we were declined. Without any other wow moments to help set this property a step above the rest, I left with all the check boxes checked off and was given only what I have come to expect.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Clint J
GM_WatertownHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks Clint for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience, we try to offer late check outs whenever it’s possible. I’m sorry we were not able to accommodate your request. We do appreciate you staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Hampton Inn & Suites
Watertown, SD

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Nice, clean rooms with fridge and microwave, pool area is good for families, good breakfast, free wi-fi with rewards program, close to coffee shops and shopping, just off main highway. Friendly staff. We always stay here when in town visiting relatives.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine R
GM_WatertownHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Catherine we are thrilled to be your home away from home when visiting relatives. I am very proud of our hotel and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Watertown.

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Watertown, SD

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Very nice experience despite staying for a family funeral. Our family members received a funeral discount which was helpful. Staff members extended their sympathies and asked what they could do to help all of us. On short notice, opened their conference room so family could gather following the funeral so we could avoid going out in the frigid weather. Despite the reason for our stay, the hotel experience was very nice.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank maryes2013
GM_WatertownHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Mary, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay despite the reason for the visit. I know all too well how painful it is to lose a loved one. Once again, please accept our sincere sympathy. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Watertown.

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton