Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Center Inn(Sioux Falls)
View Hotel
Sioux Falls Inn(Sioux Falls)
View Hotel
All reviewsconcierge floorfront deskparking garagedowntown areawithin walking distancerestaurants and barscentral locationhotel barup to dateairport shuttlefitness centerthe hotel is cleanbusiness tripwould stay here againstaff was friendlywe've stayedfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel in the past and in fact I have submitted a review of the hotel. In the past I have not had high expectations ecause the hotel was under construction. The hotel does have free parking and the front desk personnel is helpful and efficient. However, I picked up a fax I had received and for some reason it was wet and had been crumpled.

I order a burger from the bar and it was basically bar food. Nothing special, but not bad either. The bartender was friendly and good to chat with.

I stayed in a king sleeping room. The room contained a flat screen television and a sofa, along with a computer desk. The pillows are made of foam rubber, making them very uncomfortable. The mattress is a poor quality and makes for causes poor sleeping. There is a sliding glass door overlooking the parking lot. However, the drape do not cover the window very well and with the lights in the parking lot when turning off the lights the room is still fairly bright. The television has only a few channels and therefore, selection of news is pretty limited. The air conditioner will only go down to 65 degrees and there is instruction that if you want the room cooler "turn off unit".

The bathroom is very small. In fact, there is no shelve to place your night bag. When I got up to take a shower I discovered several hairs in the tub-yuck! The curtain on the shower is not very wide, but is way to long. So, water got on the floor and the I was literally standing on the shower curtain. I did go up to the club level for breakfast, which is all cold food. I wanted to get some fruit, but it was so old that it was turning brown.

Sioux Falls has many options for sleeping or conducting seminars. You may want to try this hotel, but if you do you should not have high expectations. Personally, I think the next time I am in Sioux Falls, I will try a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear FLJ021251,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2012

only complaint was that the ac shut off at 3am and would not kick back on and i could not just run it in fan mode for the noise. Not a big deal but I have to have fan noise to sleep really well. The breakfast in the morning was pretty impressive, biscuits n gravy, pancakes, sausage, eggs, they had a pretty good breakfast for free! didnt get a chance to scope out the pool since we arrived late and left early

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Ok the hotel is undergoing a lot of renovation, However... the rooms are super. The bed was most excellent and rivalled Hyatt and Hilton. Although lots of work being done in the lobby and restaraunt area its didn't affect the rooms which apparently had just been finished. It was a 4-5 star quality. It's the best deal going. Did I mention good location! right across from the College campus and stadium.

Room Tip: renovated rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BaronFoer
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is clearly an older hotel in the central business district of old downtown Sioux Falls. They are currently working on $5.4 Million dollars worth of renovations so the hotel is looking and feeling like a newer hotel. We had a nice quiet, comfortable stay. Nice pool area, small bar area for socializing with friends. One of the highlights is that its within walking distance to nice downtown local boutiques/shopping, and good local restaurants/bar/lounges, as well as lots of businesses. Front desk workers were very helpful. Not sure if its worth $100 a night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Be sure you call to check the renovation status! Nice rooms with a great location for waking distance downtown dining. No free breakfast sadly.

• Stayed: January 2012