“Great service, friendly and GOOD”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #148 of 272 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is the second time eating here and both times have we have loved it. Went this time with Mother in law who is very critical on what she eats and she even gave it 5 stars. We had 5 different types of sushi and all was very fresh tasting and presentation was great. We also had the coconut shrimp. And let me tell ya. It was to die for. We visited around 530 on a Saturday and it was 1/3 full of patrons. Only 1 waitress and sushi chef on duty. Wait time was about 20 minutes from ordering to food arriving. I'm sure if it was busy wait times would be close to 45 minutes. But well worth it. I'd say plan ahead on time and enjoy.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here to get sushi because it is hard to find good sushi in the middle of South Dakota, so we went to Ichiban because my friend likes the sushi here. The menu had a variety of rolls and other dishes to eat for reasonable prices. The sushi was made to order and fresh. The staff was friendly, and the restaurant was neat and clean. To be honest, I've had better sushi at other locations. It was pretty average, but it certainly beats gas station sushi.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered a katsu-don and an udon. First udon came in a sizzling pot which I've never seen in Japan nor any part of the world. The noodles were too much cooked, the soup was nothing like I've tasted in the name of "Japanese". And the katsu-don itself was a laughing surprise as well. It was not a "don"(a bowl, a donburi). and the katsu was over fried, it was hard as a rock. I didn't find the staff accommodating and it was a huge disappointment to eat there. I've traveled and/or lived in Japan, Europe, India etc. and it was the most unauthentic Japanese food of all.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

People are genuine and friendly. It's hard to get great sushi in the midwest, but you can find decent sushi here.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I've been to Ichiban many times over the years. Hands down the best sushi in Rapid City. I've been all over the world, and I think this is one of the best places I've ever had sushi.

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!