“Simple Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here to get sushi because it is hard to find good sushi in the middle of South Dakota, so we went to Ichiban because my friend likes the sushi here. The menu had a variety of rolls and other dishes to eat for reasonable prices. The sushi was made to order and fresh. The staff was friendly, and the restaurant was neat and clean. To be honest, I've had better sushi at other locations. It was pretty average, but it certainly beats gas station sushi.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered a katsu-don and an udon. First udon came in a sizzling pot which I've never seen in Japan nor any part of the world. The noodles were too much cooked, the soup was nothing like I've tasted in the name of "Japanese". And the katsu-don itself was a laughing surprise as well. It was not a "don"(a bowl, a donburi). and the katsu was over fried, it was hard as a rock. I didn't find the staff accommodating and it was a huge disappointment to eat there. I've traveled and/or lived in Japan, Europe, India etc. and it was the most unauthentic Japanese food of all.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

People are genuine and friendly. It's hard to get great sushi in the midwest, but you can find decent sushi here.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I've been to Ichiban many times over the years. Hands down the best sushi in Rapid City. I've been all over the world, and I think this is one of the best places I've ever had sushi.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Made to order sushi which is fresh and delicious; authentic Japanese cuisine. Top quality ingredients, fast & friendly service, experienced sushi chefs, neat & clean décor, and reasonable prices. Menu with wide variety of rolls and sushi, something for everyone, check-out their website. Enjoy!

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!