“Sushi in the Black Hills”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #147 of 272 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The sushi is good and the staff is friendly. The restaurant is tastefully decorated. Ichiban has a great downtown location.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Ah, actually I used to work here. It was so wonderful. I can tell you that this probably the best fish you can get for your money. a wide variety of specialty rolls. you can get some really good sushi here. I know the chefs here too, they've been around for years and they don't mess around.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Fast and friendly service. The food is good for the area, but I've probably been spoiled by sushi and ramen in Japan and larger cities. However, if you want a taste of Japanese at a good price, this is the place.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I really enjoy the variety of rolls here at Ichiban. I have been there over 10 times and still haven't tried all the rolls. I personally like the crazy monkey roll.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch after being told time and again that it is just the best. Man, were we disappointed. We ordered a roll and sat at the bar. We watched as the chef prepared our meal. He opened a ziplock container with pre made rolls in it! Then put avocado and meat on top and tried to smush it all together(this did not work) I couldn't tell if he did this next part to disguise that the roll wasn't adhering to itself or if they normally drown their food in a mayo-type siracchi sauce. We tried to salvage the mess we were served but ended up leaving after 3 bites. Do not go here! Fuji sake bar at the mall is the only place to get sushi besides the commissary on base.

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!