Lock in great prices from these sites
Travelocity
Hotels.com
All reviews reptile gardens black hills b bs gracious hosts place to stay home away from home memorial day weekend breakfast was delicious road trip shipwreck monte mount deer
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2020

I stayed here memorial day weekend of 2018 with my boyfriend. All of our other stays were booked on the road, except Sweetgrass Inn. I knew we would have great trouble finding a place last minute since it was a holiday weekend. I looked at hotels in the area many times before setting out on our road trip. I was disappointed, but not surprised, by the lack of availability left and the sky high rate basic hotels like the Baymont wanted to charge. Im talking $600-700 for two nights! No way we could afford that. I really didn't know what to do until a coworker suggested I look for B&Bs instead. That's when I found the Sweetgrass Inn. I was skeptical at first. We were used to staying in the typical hotel chains like the one I mentioned earlier, so smaller locally owned B&Bs weren't something we were used to. I looked at all the pictures and read all the reviews and decided it seemed to be a nice, clean and safe place to stay especially for the low price of $400 or $500 for two nights. It was very easy to find and the location was in nice proximity to things like Mount Rushmore, the Reptile Gardens, Putz and Glow mini golf,etc. The one and only complaint I have is about check in. We weren't entirely sure what building we should go in to be checked in. There's three or so different buildings that all appear to be a part of the B&B property. We decided to go into Shipwreck Lee's. A restaurant that's owned by the same people who own the B&B . That was where checked in happened to be and the woman checking us in was very nice and helpful. Once we got to our room we were very pleased with the comfy and cozy look of everything. The room was clean, quiet, safe and like a home away from home. It was nice they had that restaurant right up the hill. By the time we got settled in on our first night there we didn't feel like getting back in the car to find some mediocre fast food. Dinner at Shipwreck Lee's was amazing. The food was great and so was the service. They even offered a discount to customes eating at the restaurant that were also staying at the B&B. Our overall experience was phenomenal. I would have given 5 stars, but the confusion about where to check in at wasn't exactly pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 12 December 2019

Monte and Amy are THE BEST! We stay here every time we're in town, whether our visit is work or play. There is no place better! The rooms are all great, the food is wonderful, and the scenery is beautiful. Monte and Amy are such kind and gracious hosts and their entire staff is friendly and fun! They take great care of us, and they're very genuine. ❤

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

This B&B exceeded our expectations as far as price and a great place to stay. The owner was very accommodating. Always checking to make sure we had everything we needed. Our room was clean, cute, and comfortable. It was a great base to travel and see Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Deadwood, The Badlands, Sturgis, and Devils Tower. Thoroughly enjoyed staying here and really appreciate the attention the owner showed us. GREAT TRIP, GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 18 September 2019

Stayed 2 nights in early June, before tourist season was underway, so we were the only guests at the inn. Minor mixup in dates that the inn was expecting us to arrive, but they got things straightened out quickly (luckily they weren't full already).

Rooms were clean, well-lighted, but felt a little old. One bed was directly in line with the air flow from the air conditioner, so was freezing at night while the main bed was hot. Bathroom was large and clean.

Included breakfast was served by the bar/grill next door, where you could order virtually anything off the menu at no extra charge. Blueberry pancakes were excellent.

Located south of Rapid City, on highway going to Mt Rushmore, so very convenient if that's where you're headed. Agree with other reviewers that there aren't many restaurants/stores close by - need to drive a few miles back toward Rapid City.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the B&B for two nights.
The room was beautiful, light, clean wit a nice view to the greenery.
Saturday evening a local trio played in the restaurant where we enjoyed a simple but tasty burger dinner.
Breakfast could be selected from the restaurants menu card and was delicious.

Date of stay: September 2019