“Awesome hotel for families!!”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Guernsey, Wyoming
“Awesome hotel for families!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I'm shocked there aren't more comments made regarding the water park! It is an AWESOME addition for families with kids. We have 4...10,4,2 and 11mths and this water park it set up where it is very easy for only me and my husband to handle all 4 at play! there's super shallow ends for the younger two and deeper ends for the bigger kids. Lots of stuff to do to keep them busy. Lots of different sized water slides...even 2 HUGE ones for adults!!a pirate ship you can play in...and they even have a "normal" pool with a kiddie pool and hot tub.The only thing that could make this hotel even more perfect would be free breakfast!!!! If you have kids...or adults who are kids at heart...stay here!!! you won't be sorry!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gina R
Hollie C, Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Gina,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful time staying with us and that your children enjoyed the waterpark and play area. I hope we have the privilege of having you stay with us again in the future!

Hollie
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Billings MT
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed in September for a meeting that was being held on the premises. This hotel is right next to a mall, movie theater, and easy drive to chain restaurants. It's a large property.

The staff is very friendly and a accomodating. When I was making my reservations, I needed to make them under a special meeting rate. The young lady asked if she could call me back...and she did right away...but spoke with my secretary. We had a mix up about the rate, and when I checked in, that same lady that I had spoke to on the phone checked me in. She was great and straightened out our miscommunication and didn't have attitude, grumble under her breath, or roll her eyes. She was really nice. I was also greeted by housekeeping as I passed them in the halls.

One morning, I watched a restaurant employee escort three elderly guests to the tour bus, while the restaurant was filling up with customers for breakfast. One of the elderly ladies was so unbelievable rude and sarcastic. She was griping about the walk. (I was thinking "Well, lady, if you're touring the Black Hills, you're gonna be doing a lot of walking. So consider the little stroll to your tour bus a warm up"). But the lady from the restaurant was very polite and accomodating. I also witnessed one of the servers in the restaurant warmly greet a handsome Native American couple. She recognized them from serving them before and they asked her where her tables were so they could sit there. I was struck by that...how the employees remembered certain guests and were so warm and friendly.

Like I mentioned, it is a large facility with a convention center and water park (very family friendly for people with family who have a meeting or convention). There are long halls; like huge "H's" connected. It can be a bit confusing to navagate at first. My room was on one side of the hotel, but my meeting was waaaaay on the other side. So I cut through the court yards. The work-out room was in another section. Again, cutting through court yards. So just know that just-in-case you have a disablitiy walking so you can ask the hotel can accomodate you.

My litmus test for a hotel is cleanliness. My room was very clean. The linens were new. No funky odors. I was satisfied.

I attended a meeting at this hotel. They accomodated the facilitator's needs. We weren't interruped by anything outside. We conducted our business and I was satisfied with the meeting room and service we received.

Now the "But." This hotel has seen better days. The room had a bit a "worn" feel to it. The wall paper trim in my room sagged at certain places and had gaps due to time. My closet door didn't close right. There was a wall near the Workout Room that looked like someone rammed a cart into it. It was dented and wall paper was hanging crooked. There was no A/C in the workout room. There was man (not a hotel employee) in a court yard smoking a cigarette that gave me the creeps when I went to workout. The layout of the hotel is confusing at first. Especially trying to find the restaurant from the rooms confused me at first.

While I was staying there, some joker pulled the fire alarm. My room was on the far end of the hotel. I was standing in the parking lot with other guests and we were confused. So, I called the front desk. The lady at the front desk said the fire department was on it's way. Not to go back into the hotel. There wasn't a fire, but we eventually got the all clear to go back in. So there was a little drama during my stay.

But because of location, friendliness of staff, cleanliness, the convention facilities, and waterpark, I'm giving this a Very Good rating. It's a nice convention hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank n8vgal
Hollie C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Thank you very much for your kind remarks. We work hard to make your experience with us as satisfactory as possible and appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that our staff treated you with respect and were so accommodating to you and others. Your feedback will be shared with our management team. We hope to see you again soon!

Hollie C.
Hamilton, Montana USA
Reviewed 24 September 2011

One of the best of the Best Western hotels we have stayed in. A great Lobby area, exceptionally friendly staff. We ate in the lounge in the evening and the restraunt for breakfast both were excellent. Great friendly wait staff. If I am ever thru that area again I will make a point of staying again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Don048
KathyMcCoy, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We hope to see you again.

Kathy McCoy
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This hotel was not only one of the cleanest but had an excellent restaurant. ALL the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to help and included a shuttle service not only to and from the airport but to and from Rapid City itself which was about 5 miles away, they dropped you off in the town or attraction and you called them when you were ready to be picked up. Would definately recommend most highly.

Room Tip: You get the best offered and don't particularly need to ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sylvialebeter
KathyMcCoy, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We hope you have a chance to come back to Rapid City and stay with us again.

Kathy McCoy
Euless, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2011

A nice Best Western and nice staff while checking in too. The Restaurant/Lounge/Internet was our reason for moving over from the Ramada Inn. The lounge is a local hot spot as well as the Steakhouse restaurant.
The room was comfortable and complete with all the amenities but you do have to request a microwave and fridge if you want them.
The hotel has a waterpark, liquor store and gift shop as well. Very comfortable, accomodating Value in that area. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cliffsiler
Kate P, Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you so much for the comments about your experience at the BW Ramkota Hotel. We're really grateful for your business and hope to see you again!

Best Regards,