All reviews front desk wet bar room was clean kids loved the pool rushmore and crazy horse the breakfast area black hills staff was friendly devils tower indoor pool complimentary breakfast sturgis rally up to date custer state park would stay here again road trip a great place to stay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Having recently stayed in several Hampton Inns, this one was the 'oldest' physical plant. It was clean, however needs to be renovated. We could hear people in the next room having conversations! The staff was very helpful, pleasant and efficient.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RapidHampton, Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and our guest feedback is a wonderful tool to do so. It is great to hear that our staff at Hampton made a positive impression on you as they work hard to keep the property in line with Hilton's standards.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Leslie at the front desk was knowledgeable and helpful. We were there 2 nights. She listened to what we liked and recommended two excellent restaurants and gave us great directions. She was pleasant and never in a hurry in helping us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RapidHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Rapid City. It is wonderful to hear that Leslie was such a stellar representation of hospitality! She will be quite excited to read your comments. It would be out pleasure to have you stay with us again soon and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We arrived before a big storm. So glad we did. We were totally satisfied with our stay. Close to stores and restaurants. Staff was friendly and courteous. We has stayed there before so there was no question that we would come back to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RapidHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about your most recent stay at Hampton Inn of Rapid City. It was our pleasure having you stay with us during the big snow storm. Your compliments about the staff are greatly appreciated and I look forward to sharing your feedback with them. We hope to see you again soon and stay warm!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

As an emergency substitution for a soccer tournament, (team had a block rate), I called the hotel directly for reservations. I was told the block rate had "expired in February" which is true...however, we would replace the family that cancelled due to player illness. SHE (reservation/reception) couldn't do it, but said I could speak to the manager when we were there. Three attempts at "face time" with the manager, the front desk didn't have authority...no joy; but we DID eventually get told the room (suggested by them at time of reservation) was more expensive than the "team allotment" rooms ($75) so wound up paying $101 a night instead!

"THE STAY"...at 5:20 a.m....BANG, BOOM, CLANG! What is that RACKET!? I called the front desk..."Oh, that's the garbage collector...it's 'normal'...but they only come once a week." (Management couldn't find a garbage service that didn't come in the wee hours of the morning and VAULT guests from theIR sleep??)

The windows were filthy, there were no pillows for the sleeper sofa, a playboy calendar was found left on the closet shelf...and HOUSEKEEPING staff had no clue on the difference between SLAMMING doors and closing them! (Yeah...same morning we'd be blasted from our sleep by Kieffer Garbage Service).

Leslie at the front desk passed along messages and was sorry she could not help me, but it was up to management. She brought us up a pillow for my son when we asked...but "management" never responded to us.

The bed was comfortable, the heating and cooling worked fine, the room was clean and tidy, (except for the playboy calendar) and parking was ample.

Getting IN AND OUT was a big pain. You had to make a left on Rapp to Eglin St. (busy) and make a blind right turn to LaCrosse St. (busier). I can't imagine how difficult it might be to negotiate during holiday season. We've stayed at the Grand Gateway and the Best Western (on LaCrosse) and both were easier to negotiate and you received what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you MUST say here, try 3rd floor, South end...(away from the dumpsters)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
RapidHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for the feedback on the stay you had with us. On behalf of the entire staff at the Hampton Inn in Rapid City, South Dakota, I wanted to reach out and apologize that you did not find the value you would expect from us. We always want our guests to feel at home when staying here and I hope the adjustment to your bill shows that we do want to make things right. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us in the future and show you the level of comfort, quality, and service that you deserve and that I know we can deliver.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Rapid City South Dakota last month. The purpose of the trip was a medical appointment. We had decided to splurge a bit and we purchased the suite with the fireplace and whirlpool tub. The fireplace did not work. When we informed the attendant at the front desk, we were told that they would have someone look at it. When we returned, the attendant informed us that they were unable to fix the fireplace. Much to my dismay the attendant did not offer to reimburse us, or discount some of the price of the room.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn S
RapidHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dawn,

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologize that there was a maintenance issue that had not been caught prior to your arrival. The issue has since been resolved and I sincerely apologize for the impact this had on your stay with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay again and be able to show you the level of comfort, quality, and service that you deserve and I know we can deliver.