All reviews steam room hot tub waffles pool and water slide presidential suite great room biscuits and gravy comfortable beds hot breakfast the breakfast area staff was friendly road trip family vacation black hills mt rushmore motel perks
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We decided to book a room here three days prior to joining a tour group. We booked thru Booking.com. When we returned home there was a message on the machine saying they couldn't guarantee we'd get a room because we hadn't used a credit card. They did have a room for us. It was old, tired and only had a shower. I was not happy. When I tried to get in the pool it was too cold and children in the jacuzzi. Because of the families tables were hard to come by but the food was plentiful.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was what you'd expect for this brand anywhere. Rooms were clean. Budget amenities provided. Average breakfast with a waffle maker, so expect a wait if you're not an early riser.
We chose it based on the pool photos. The pool is definitely overchlorinated. It hurts eyes and lungs for even a short while sitting on the deck. I would not recommend swimming without goggles. Don't expect to actually swim. It's just a place to splash, though the slide was a hit. The hot tub was too hot to sit comfortably. I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a last minute decision to meet up with some family. Worst hotel decision I have made in a long time. I should have checked TripAdvisor first.
We booked a 2 room suite because we have a large family. The room was spacious with 2 showers, 1 of them was with the tub. However, to get to the toilet you had to pass through the showers area. Not ideal. The room was not that clean and we found items left behind from previous guests in the room.
5 or so years ago this hotel had a bedbug issue. We checked the mattresses (as we always do) to see if there was any bugs now. We did NOT find bugs, however we did find remains of when there was bugs. Pictures attached. We showed the manager. He did not give us any breaks or perks, but did say that if we found a bug, he would refund our $.
Waterpark? Not quite...the chemicals were so strong our kids eyes were burning and couldn't stay in there more than 20 minutes. It's basically just a water slide. It empties into its own reservoir, not the pool. The pool was tiny and when parents and their kids are in there, it is very crowded.
Breakfast, was average at best. Powdered eggs, reheated sausages. The biscuits were good. There was plenty of food out and the eating area was clean. Coffee was not by the food, you had to walk across the lobby to get coffee.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I stayed at this Hotel for a work trip (United States Navy) from the 12th to the 20th June and the total of this stay was charged to my personal credit card. I then left the country and have since found out that I have been charged another $153.46 on the 31st July - well over a month after my stay. I have not been in the Country the whole of July and have not stayed at your hotel again therefore this is an unauthorized charge and you have stolen money from me. I have been calling almost daily for the last week and a half and keep being promised this will be rectified (on one occasion I was actually lied to and told that it was) and have sent an email to the Manager which has been ignored. I am not one to air my grievances in a public forum but it seems like this is the only way I might get my money back!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you, again, for taking the time to reach out to us. We have tried several time over the last week to reach out to you, both by email and phone, without response. I am very sorry you have not yet received a response to any emails you have sent but I have not received any as of yet. Please, feel free to contract me at rapidcity.sd@americinn.com and I will be happy to discuss this with you further.

Edward K.- General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Very nice stay, quiet, clean and comfortable. But the $8 fee they tack on to the bill, 'Destination fee', is not right. This was not mentioned upfront. I did ask upon Checkout what it was for. Basically a discount card for use of other activities in the area. Of which the property owners also own. None which applied to me. I will think twice about next time and ask ahead, about fees.

Date of stay: July 2017