“A must see”
Review of Reptile Gardens

Reptile Gardens
Ranked #4 of 76 things to do in Rapid City
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned adventure park, Reptile Gardens is a must-see family attraction no matter what your age. We maintain the finest collection of tropical plants, colorful flowers, and exotic reptiles anywhere - we have more species and subspecies of venomous reptiles than any other zoo or park in the world!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I took my 10-year-old son here on our vacation. There are so many reptiles it is unbelievable. I never knew so many snakes existed to tell you the truth. It was so cool to see them up close. The bald eagle is absolutely beautiful and so majestic. All of the workers were so nice and so informative. And the gift shop was fabulous. You have to go to the reptile gardens.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"south dakota"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had passed the glass dome several times during our trip, and my son had asked for the 100th time if we could check this place out. It was a chilly morning, so I figured we could look around for a half hour or so while we waited for the morning to warm up. We ended up spending 3 hours here. The reptile exhibits are amazing. So many of the snakes were active and moving around, despite a sign that said they sometimes don’t move for days!! At least 20 of them were up and moving around. The croc and alligator exhibits were interesting, and the story about how Maniac come to live here was neat and made the exhibit so much more interesting. (A video would be a nice added feature to his exhibit.) Cages were clean and there were no foul odors. You can tell they take good care of the animals here. The bird show was cool because we were the only ones there, and the young lady who worked there made it enjoyable for my teens anyway. The snake show was great!! The snakes introduced and shown were healthy and interactive. At first, my teen daughter and I were bored and thought this place was a waste of money. WRONG!! It ended up being just as much fun as Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Custer, etc. Wish we had a place like this near us.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had so much fun here, we could have gone back for a second day. The alligator show was SO GOOD, funny and exciting. The 100+year old turtles were the coolest. My 3 daughters loved it and exploring all around the park.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had less than 2 hours for our visit, but it was so worth it! The while family enjoyed the time there!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place. Very impressed with the number of reptiles. I learned so much about reptiles And we have been to some of the best zoos in the world. Many of the animals I have never seen in my life and I probably will never see again unless we return to the reptile garden. The bird show and snake show was available when we visited. Both great informative shows.